Chapter 76 - First impressions

Alastors pov:

I made a quick stop at the opticians and found a pair of glass frames, exactly like the ones I lost.

Perfect.

As I was about to step into the radio station, I glanced at my reflection and straightened up my appearance.

I entered and the lively atmosphere of the station was gone, everything and everyone looked dull. Multiple stacks of unorganized papers were scattered around.

I missed this place...but it seems to of gone downhill without me here.

"If you are here to complain about the news, go wait outside." A drab looking man lazily yawned, not even looking up at me.

"Oh no no, I'm here for a job! It seems to me you are in desperate need of help." I enthusiastically replied, and his expression changed to shock.

"I would say that was rude, but you are correct..." He sighed."...let me go get the boss."

I waited patiently for 'The boss' to arrive, soon enough a rather skinny man with a unkept beard laid eyes on me.

Ugh he still works here? Fucking fantastic.

It was Tommy, I didn't get along well with him. He was always jealous and extremely rude and discriminatory to me. I was so close to killing him...I was so close...

"And why are you here? Hmm?" He faked a smile and looked disgusted at my presence.

"I'm here to become a Radio host, I think I will make a great change to this place, I have past experiences and-" I spoke through my strained smile.

"Did you steal these clothes? They look too expensive for a man like you. Why should I give a thief a job?" He interrupted.

"I am NOT a thief." I narrowed my eyes and continued talking. "I've been a host before and I bought in a lot of listeners."

"Hmm they would only hear his voice...and I need a new host..." He mumbled to himself but I overheard.

"Follow me." He lead me into the studio and twirled round on the chair, fiddling around with the microphone.

"Show me what you can do then, you are on air." He shrugged, rolling his eyes and lighting a fat cigar in his mouth.

I leaned down, closer to the microphone.

"Hello there everyone! I am your new Radio host Alastor! I'm coming live from New Orleans, Louisiana!" I shuffled around the papers on the desk looking for new news, picking up the most recent newspaper. "It seems the stock market is descending a little but do not fret! I'm sure it will bounce back up..."

"...I advise people to stop investing their savings or borrowed money to buy stocks, it will push prices to unsustainable levels and there will be a crash. We cannot let that happen!..." Tommy seemed more intrigued at my words and I hid a smug smile.

"I've put all my money in see-saw stocks. To be honest, they've had their ups and downs haha!" I joked and I could hear Tommy quietly laughing.

"This next song is a favorite of mine, stay tuned..." I hurried to the broadcast machine and placed a record down on it. It was a random song, I just say it's my favorite to keep the listeners hooked.