chapter one-poem time!

Natsuki bit her tongue. A bitter taste swelling in her mouth, she couldn't tell if it was jealousy or hatred. She peered at her club mate, Yuri, from across the room.

They never got along, considering that they were polar opposites, it was difficult for them to get along. But for some reason Natsuki would get irrationally nervous and defensive when Yuri was around. Her other club mates, Monika, and Sayori, noticed this as well. Sure, Natsuki was aggressive towards everyone, but this was different.

Anxiety overwhelms Natsuki, it's time to share poems. This is her least favourite part of the day, she has always felt as if her poems weren't as good as the other girls'.

Monika approaches her with the same smile she seems to always have plastered on her face, she is much more collected than the other girls. Well, that's no surprise considering she's the club leader.

"Alright, natsuki, would you like to go first?" Monika slides her poem on the desk, sliding a chair up to the desk and sitting down.

Natsuki's attention snaps to Monika, the bitter taste fading. "I don't care, whatever you'd prefer."

Monika sighs, picking up her poem and starting to recite the words on the paper. Meanwhile, Natsuki's attention drifts back to Yuri, drowning out what Monika is saying. Yuri's eyes have always caught Natsuki's attention, some people would notice Yuri's hair first, though Natsuki does find it pretty and silky, it didn't say much to her as her eyes did. The way her eyes had this mysterious purple tone, they held millions of stars, as well as millions of secrets.

...

Natsuki snaps back to her senses. Why is she thinking this way? Why, out of all people, was Yuri catching her attention. Why her. Natsuki's hands start shaking, tears forming at the corners of her eyes, she looks down.

Suddenly, a warm hand lays over hers. It's Monika.

"Natsuki, are you okay? Do we need to step out of the room and have a chat?" Monika's look of concern added to the fire.

Natsuki shoves Monika's hand away from hers, her face alters from sorrow to anger. "I dont need your pity monika, I am FINE."

Natsuki stands up, storming out of the classroom. She leaves her bag, and her poem. At least she's coming back sometime soon..