Chapter 4 : Any Leads?

The group walked back to the police station, their hearts heavy with worry and fear. They had been searching for Keon for hours, but had found nothing concrete.

As they entered the station, they were met by the detective in charge of the case. He looked worn out and tired, his eyes sunken with fatigue.

"Sorry, folks," he said, his voice monotone. "I've got some bad news for you. We've been investigating this case for a bit, but it's going cold. We just don't have any leads."

The group's eyes widened in shock. "What do you mean?" Bryan asked, his voice trembling.

The detective sighed. "We've checked every lead, followed every tip, but we've come up empty-handed. It's like Keon vanished into thin air."

Tihanna's eyes began to well up with tears. "What does that mean?" she asked, her voice shaking.

The detective's expression turned grim. "It means we're not optimistic about finding Keon alive. The chances are getting slimmer by the minute."

Bryan's face contorted in anguish as he fought back tears. "No," he whispered. "No, no, no."

Tihanna's tears spilled over as she wrapped her arms around Bryan's waist. "Oh, Bryan," she whispered, her voice cracking.

Jane rushed to join them, hugging them both tightly. "We'll get through this," she said, trying to comfort them. "We'll keep searching, we'll keep fighting."

But Bryan and Tihanna were beyond consolation. They had given up hope of ever seeing Keon again.

As the detective left them alone, Jane held them both close, trying to be strong for them. She knew that the reality was bleak, but she couldn't bring herself to give up hope.

"We'll find a way to get through this," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "We'll find a way to bring Keon home."

But as she looked into their tear-stained faces, she knew that it was going to be a long and difficult road ahead.

The next day, Bryan, Tihanna, and Jane decided to try to take their minds off of Keon's disappearance by going to the mall. They walked through the crowded parking lot, trying to focus on the sounds of laughter and chatter around them.

As they walked, they noticed a van driving slowly behind them. Bryan and Tihanna didn't think much of it, but Jane's instincts kicked in. She glanced back at the van, her eyes widening with alarm.

"Oh no," she whispered, her voice trembling.

The van suddenly stopped behind them, and the side door slid open. A group of rough-looking men jumped out, grabbing Jane and pulling her into the van.

Bryan and Tihanna were frozen in shock, unable to move or react. But Jane was not going down without a fight. As she was being pulled into the van, she reached into her purse and grabbed her pepper spray.

She sprayed the men in the face, causing them to stumble back and give her a split second to react. She took advantage of the distraction to kick one of the men in the groin, then another in the stomach.

With a surge of adrenaline, Jane managed to break free from their grasp and make a run for it. She sprinted back to Bryan and Tihanna, who were still in shock.

"Run!" she yelled, grabbing their arms and pulling them along with her.

The three friends fled through the parking lot, not stopping until they were safely inside the mall. They collapsed against the wall, gasping for breath.

Bryan and Tihanna stared at Jane in amazement. "Jane, you're a hero!" Bryan exclaimed.

Jane shook her head, her eyes wide with fear. "I don't know if we'll ever be able to go back outside," she said.

Tihanna nodded in agreement. "We need to get to a safe place," she said. "We can't risk anything happening to us again."

As they caught their breath and tried to process what had just happened, they couldn't help but wonder if they would ever be able to find Keon again.

As they caught their breath, Bryan pulled out his phone and dialed the number of the investigator's office. They had been waiting to hear any updates on Keon's case, and now they had a new development to share.

The investigator answered on the second ring, and Bryan quickly explained what had just happened. "Jane was just kidnapped by a group of men in a van, but she managed to escape," he said.

The investigator's voice was grave. "I'm so sorry to hear that. Can you please come down to the station and give a statement?"

Bryan nodded, even though the investigator couldn't see him. "Yeah, we're on our way. But can you tell us if there's any update on Keon's case? We were hoping to get some news today."

The investigator sighed. "I'm afraid not, Bryan. The case is still as cold as it was yesterday. We've been going over every lead, but we just can't seem to find any leads."

Tihanna's eyes dropped in disappointment. "So we're still at square one," she said.

The investigator's tone was apologetic. "I'm sorry, Bryan. I know it's not what you want to hear. But I want you to know that we're doing everything we can to find Keon. And with Jane's new experience, we might have some new leads to follow."

Bryan nodded, determination rising in his chest. "We'll come down to the station as soon as we can. And we'll keep searching for Keon."

The investigator agreed, and they hung up the phone. The three friends looked at each other, their faces set with determination.

"We'll get through this," Jane said, her voice firm.

Tihanna nodded in agreement. "We'll find Keon, and we'll make sure those men who kidnapped Jane pay for what they did."

Bryan's eyes locked onto his friends. "We'll do it together. We'll find Keon, and we'll bring him home."