Chapter 7 : Fake Followers

As they were led away by Blackwood's followers, the group knew they had to think quickly and come up with a plan. Jane's idea of pretending to be fake followers was a good one, and they decided to go along with it.

"Okay, let's do it," Tihanna said, trying to sound convincing. "We'll play along and see what we can find out."

Bryan nodded. "And we'll keep our eyes open for any clues about Keon's disappearance."

Jane smiled. "Exactly. We'll pretend to be devoted followers, and then we can start asking questions and gathering information."

The group fell in line with the other followers, trying to blend in as they were led deeper into the warehouse. They could see that Blackwood was setting up some sort of ritual or ceremony, and they knew they had to get close enough to find out what was going on.

As they waited, Bryan whispered to Jane, "Do you think we can find out where Keon is being held?"

Jane nodded. "I think we can try. We just need to play it cool and act like we're really interested in Blackwood's message."

Tihanna added, "And we need to keep an eye out for any other followers who might be suspicious. We don't want to raise any red flags."

The group nodded in agreement, their eyes scanning the room for any signs of danger or deceit.

As the ceremony began, the group watched in silence, trying to blend in with the other followers. But as they looked around, they noticed that one of the followers seemed out of place. He was standing off to the side, looking nervous and fidgety.

"That guy looks suspicious," Bryan whispered to Jane.

Jane nodded. "I think you're right. Let's go talk to him."

The group quickly made their way over to the suspicious follower, trying to act nonchalant. "Hey, what's your name?" Bryan asked.

The follower looked up at them nervously. "Uh, I'm... uh... Steve."

Jane smiled. "Steve, nice to meet you. So, what brings you here today?"

Steve hesitated before answering. "I just... I wanted to learn more about Blackwood's message. I've been feeling lost and confused lately, and I thought this might be a way to find some answers."

Tihanna nodded sympathetically. "I know what you mean. We've all been feeling lost and confused lately. But have you noticed anything strange about Blackwood's followers?"

Steve glanced around nervously before speaking in a low voice. "Yeah... I've seen some weird things. Like, some of the followers seem to be... brainwashed or something. They don't seem to be thinking for themselves anymore."

Jane's eyes lit up with excitement. "That's exactly what we're looking for! Do you know anything about Keon?"

Steve hesitated before answering. "I... I don't know anything about Keon specifically, but I do know that Blackwood has been talking about some sort of 'initiation' ritual that will bring his followers closer to him. I don't know what it means, but I think it might be connected to Keon's disappearance."

The group exchanged a look of excitement and determination. They had found a lead, and they were ready to follow it.

"Thanks for the information, Steve," Bryan said, smiling at the nervous follower.

Steve nodded nervously before backing away slowly. "Uh... yeah... no problem..."

As Steve disappeared into the crowd, the group knew they had to get out of there before they were caught again. They made their way back to the edge of the warehouse, trying to blend in with the other followers once more.

But as they turned to leave, they saw Blackwood standing in front of them, a cold smile spreading across his face.

"Ah-ah," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "I see you're trying to investigate Keon's disappearance. Well, let me tell you something: you're not going anywhere until you've learned the truth about my message."

The group knew they were in trouble again. But this time, they were ready for whatever Blackwood had in store for them.

As Blackwood's words hung in the air, Jane's eyes darted around the room, searching for an escape route. She knew they had to act fast, before Blackwood's followers surrounded them.

Tihanna's eyes met hers, and she mouthed "pepper spray" quietly. Jane nodded, her hand instinctively reaching for the small canister in her pocket. She had been carrying it with her since their first encounter with Blackwood's followers, and she was grateful for the small advantage it gave them.

Bryan and Tihanna followed her lead, moving quickly and quietly to hide behind a nearby stack of crates. Jane sprayed a quick burst of pepper spray into the air, creating a cloud of irritating smoke that would deter anyone who tried to follow them.

As they watched, Blackwood's followers began to cough and stumble, momentarily blinded by the pepper spray. The group took advantage of the distraction, darting away from the crates and making a run for the edge of the warehouse.

They could hear Blackwood's angry shouts and the sound of his followers chasing after them, but they didn't dare look back. They kept their eyes fixed on the door, their feet pounding out a frantic rhythm as they tried to escape.

Finally, they reached the door and burst out into the bright sunlight. They didn't stop running until they were several blocks away, gasping for breath and trying to process what had just happened.

As they slowed to a stop, Tihanna turned to Jane with a grin. "Nice work with the pepper spray," she said.

Jane smiled wryly. "Just trying to keep us alive," she said.

Bryan nodded in agreement. "We need to get out of here and figure out our next move. We can't let Blackwood catch us again."

The group nodded in unison, their eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of danger. They knew they had a long way to go before they could find Keon and put an end to Blackwood's sinister plans.

But for now, they had escaped. And that was all that mattered.

As they walked away from the warehouse, Bryan felt a strange sensation in his pocket. He reached in and pulled out a small piece of paper, crumpled and folded into a tiny square. He unfolded it, and his eyes widened as he saw a hastily scrawled message:

"Meet me at the old clock tower at midnight. Come alone. -K"

Bryan's eyes met Jane's, and he showed her the message. "It's from Steve," he whispered. "He must have stuffed this in my pocket before we left."

Jane's eyes lit up with excitement. "This could be our only lead to finding Keon," she said.

Tihanna nodded. "We need to get to the clock tower tonight and find out what Steve has to tell us."

The group quickly made their way back to their safe house, where they spent the rest of the day poring over books and searching online for any information they could find about Keon's disappearance.

As the sun began to set, they gathered around the kitchen table, surrounded by piles of research and notes. Bryan held up the message again, his eyes scanning it for any clues.

"I think we should go tonight," he said. "We can't afford to wait any longer."

Jane nodded. "I agree. We need to get to the bottom of this."

Tihanna added, "And we need to be careful. We don't know what we're getting ourselves into."

The group fell silent, each lost in their own thoughts as they contemplated the risks and dangers that lay ahead.

But as they sat there, they knew they couldn't turn back now. They had to find Keon, and they had to uncover the truth about Blackwood's sinister plans.

And so, with a sense of determination and trepidation, they made their plan to meet at the old clock tower at midnight.

The clock was ticking, and they knew they had to move fast if they were going to save Keon before it was too late.