Chapter 26

"And you can sing?" Heeseung asked me. "I'm asking because I didn’t notice you singing in the car."

"Yep. Just a little bit." I said.

"That's cool. I want to listen to you sing once." He said and everyone nodded.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Sunghoon asked.

"Nope."

" Someone you like?"

I thought about it for a moment.

"Actually I have a crush in my class. A faraway one that too. Never talked to him for long." I sighed.

I thought someone muttered 'good'. But I wasn't sure who. Or even if I heard it right. Because everyone seemed to be eating. My mind was playing games with me at this point.

"Hmm actually told me you hugged him in the metro station that day. And I thought I was your bias." Heeseung complained with a pout. It was honestly shocking that he wasn't smirking. I remembered the incident and the goosebumps I felt after doing that.

"I was so shocked at that. But Noona seemed to enjoy it. She was flaunting me off to other passengers." Niki butted in and everyone was quite shocked.

"I wasn't flaunting you Niki...ok maybe I was but it was for a purpose," I told him. And then addressed everyone. "Actually that day, 2 girls seemed to be suspicious of Niki. It would've been a huge problem if they had recognized him and I wouldn't have known what to do in that case. And Niki was already scared enough. So...I hugged him from the side to make the older ladies believe that we were a couple. And they did. They must've started nagging at the current generation and all and teaching those girls to not be like me. They were distracted and we were able to get away safely." I ended my short story.

There was silence for a while and then Jay spoke.
"That was smart. I feel burdened again for that day. I don't know what we would've done without you Lee." He smiled softly.

"Don't worry about it. I initially thought Niki was just a tourist. But when I realized he was...this idiot, I had to make sure he was safe. And since I did, I met you people, didn't I?" I said.

Jay's shoulders became relaxed as soon as he heard it. We finished the rest of our food while they asked me about various things. My family, friends, my favorite music, etc. And in turn, they told me about their upcoming schedule and the plans for their concert in a month in Mumbai. Their staff was going to land here in Hyderabad in three to four days' time and they'd have to start practicing for their concert.

Turns out, Heeseung was serious about wanting to hear me sing.

"Come on Lee. Please." He begged. Everyone was sprawled here and there and we were both standing near the counter.

"Heeseung, I'm scared please."

"Why?"

"What why? You people are idols! Very good vocalists. How can I sing in front of you people." He just wouldn't take no for an answer. He was about to call everyone but then stopped.

"You know what? I have an idea." He said and grabbed me by the arm. He took me inside the bedroom and we sat on his bed.

"Now, sing. You're scared to sing in front of us all and I get it. Just sing for me then." He looked like a child asking for a mother's attention.

"Fine. Just give me a minute." I said.

"Take your time." He said crossing both of his legs on the bed. I had to choose a song that flatters my voice the most. And after some thinking, I selected My Love Will Never Die by Claire Wyndham.
*************************