Chapter 27

I can't dance pleaseeeee." I whined.

"I already told you I'll teach youuuuuu." Niki whined back.

I did not think he was thing serious when he said that earlier. I needed to take them more seriously from now on. We were in the maknaes' room. Niki had pushed all the furniture around and made a huge space enough for the seven of them to practice. First Heeseung asked me to sing and now Niki wants me to do a dance move so he could assess my skill before starting. I always liked the idea of dancing and I could move my body to the music but to try definite steps would make me look like a dying chicken. I was starting to hate him now. Sunoo and Jungwon had climbed up the counter to spectate. They were expecting entertainment, judging from the packet of chips in their hands.

"I'm telling you, Niki, I have two left feet." I said.

"Please Noona. If you dance, we can make tiktoks together." He said.

"Which is banned in India. So there's nothing in it for me." I said in victory.

After 10 minutes of arguing, I reluctantly agreed. I did the chorus of Du ddu Du ddu because that was the only thing that didn't require much footwork.

"Well, you weren't lying when you said you can't dance." Jungwon said.

"I think she did the hip movements the best." Sunoo said.

Niki was the best dancer in Enhypen and I wasn't looking forward to his opinion. I knew that I was bad. But he seemed deep in thought and finally said after a few seconds.

"You have a musicality in you. You said you can sing right? Maybe that is what is helping you here. Even though your moves are a bit sloppy, your understanding of beat is really good." He said.

I did not know what to feel about this.

"Can I have your phone once?" He asked.

I gave my phone wondering what he was gonna do with it. He connected it to the speakers.

"I'll play a random song from your favorites. Move along with the rhythm once." He said.

What was happening now? What song will he play? He looked like he was holding his smile in. And then I remembered the titles of the Playlists I had saved. And two of them were really...

I turned around as he furrowed his brows at my screen. Shit. He must've seen that Playlist. Then a song played through the speakers. One of the girls by The Weeknd. I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself in it.

*************************

I've heard this song before. It was from The Idol. I remembered the TikTok trend. I'd heard it once and the lyrics were not to my liking though. And I was thoroughly surprised Leah listened to these kinds of songs. Sunoo beside me, only nodded along to Jennie's voice. Niki was perched up on a couch. He looked impressed when Leah started with a body roll. She was doing some other choreo and not following that TikTok dance trend. And I must say it suited the music.

She had her eyes closed. Maybe to keep us out of sight. I inhaled a sharp breath when she did a slow drop at 'submissive'. Her chest isolation was on point with the beat and I understood what Niki was saying earlier. She knew the beats well. Sensuality oozed out of her. Something that came only from practice. I wanted to take a look at Sunoo beside me, but the way her hands moved along her body made me gulp down my arousal. It was easy to watch Niki from me. And goodness he wasn't in awe anymore. He was staring. Her moves were sloppy but I could only imagine how hot she would look doing this one if she would let Niki teach her.

I was wondering whose choreo this was because it was so damn good. But my eyes widened when she started singing along to the song in a low voice. It was so low, that I had to strain my ears to listen to it. And holy shit, I felt hot all over after hearing her sing those dirty lyrics.

Give me tough love
Leave me with nothin' when I come down
My kinda love
Push me and choke me 'til I pass out

Niki and Sunoo's mouths was hung open. I was sure they didn't understand what she was singing exactly. But they were in awe.

We don't gotta be in love, no
I don't gotta be the one, no
I just wanna be one of your girls tonight
We don't gotta be in love, no
I don't gotta be the one, no
I just wanna be one of your girls tonight-

She stopped right at the last line of the chorus and ran to the speakers to switch it off. Niki and Sunoo were startled by this. But I knew why she did that. The lyrics of the second verse were a little too explicit.

She came to her spot looking embarrassed. Niki went to her and smothered her to death.

"Aaah what's wrong?" She pushed Niki away.

"You're going to be such a good Dancer by the end of this. And where did you learn that choreo?" He asked.

"I made it myself."

Sunoo sucked in a sharp breath and I don't blame him. My mouth was trying to form words but it failed. She made that choreo?! How did she manage that when she can't dance properly?

"You made it? How? As in, you said you don't dance." Sunoo was still bewildered.

"Yes, I can't. But I can conjure up the moves in my mind. I know a lot of choreos. But I can't dance to it." She said.

"Well by the end of this lesson, you'll be able to." Niki was grinning hard.

Then till 6 PM, Niki absolutely drilled into her. The first thing before dancing was the stretches. And her body was so stiff the whole time like a mannequin that Niki had to adjust her posture every few seconds. I was clenching my jaw at the sight of it. But I was able to remind myself that she had kissed me and not Niki. But Sunoo did not have that reminder, he was behaving weirdly. Fidgeting around and looking at his phone. I could guess that he wanted Leah's attention. Finally, after half an hour of stretching, Niki moved to teaching her some moves.

"First we'll work on your footwork." He gave her a set of moves mainly involving footwork.

"Now, repeat the same step over and over until you get a hang of it."

Leah did as told and slowly repeated the steps. Even after the stretching, her legs were stiff. Niki sighed.

"Okay okay. Stop." He said. "Give me your hand."

She obeyed and he started following her through the steps.

"Left foot back, right foot back, left foot twirl, right foot front." He kept on commanding and slowly she could balance herself without Niki's support. She completed the whole routine about 4 times. Niki concentrated on her feet. But Sunoo gestured me toward her hands. She first had her hands behind her back to concentrate. But later, she was moving them around like a little ballerina. Niki's words made more and more sense with each passing minute.

"Should we be scared that she'll beat us in dance one day?" Sunoo asked me.

"We should be happy she may dance alongside us soon."

I'm not a dancer so I know nothing about the footwork routine. Please bear with me. There was a time when I couldn't listen to One of the girls without grimacing at the lyrics. And now it's one of my top songs. The song might have lost in the lyrics department but it Won in the bass and music.

Leave your thoughts in the comments, please!

Your delusional girl
Signing off