Chapter 30

What just happened? Did it really happen? Did I just hear three enhypen boys confess to me? If I remove Niki from the equation who admitted to being possessive over me, there are 2.

No.

3 of them.

How do I wrap my head around this? And I can't ignore the heated gaze I usually get from Heeseung. Or the passive aggression of Sunoo to keep me beside him. And how do I explain myself to them? That I did what every hardstan does? How do I face them now?

I had run all the way from the elevator to the bus stop. My mind was threatening to explode even when the cool air from the window whipped through my hair. And the fact that I realized on the bus that I was still wearing Sunoo's hoodie. And that my tea-stained shirt was still in Heeseung's room. I looked at the sage green hoodie resting against my cupboard. My mind was churning with the flashes of everything that had happened today. Was it just one single day in which I played Never Have I Ever, had lunch with them, sang to Heeseung, danced with Niki, sat with the elders and then that awful game at the end? This was too overwhelming. And I had to prepare PGBP for tomorrow. I knew there was no way that I couldn't possibly study right now. I plugged in my headphones and browsed through my Playlists. And got another wave of embarrassment when I saw 'wattpad' and 'bedroom vibes' among them. Niki totally saw that. At the end, I tuned in to Yeh Jism by Ali Azmat and drifted off to sleep.
**************************

The boys had sat there when they heard the door shut. She had left. Their minds were churning with a million thoughts. Was it just an engene trait? Or was it something more? Did she think about them after meeting them? Slowly they scrambled to their own rooms. Sunghoon remembered the expression on her face when she found out he would kiss her. She was scared and shocked. But why? Did he not give enough signs to her that he wanted to be more than friends? It's been long since he had dated but he did not think he was so out of it. Initially he had thought she wasn't vying for his attention like may others. But now that he knew she fancied him just like the other engenes, he had a clear goal in his mind. He was giggling internally thinking about everything they can do together. She never had a boyfriend before. He would gladly walk her through everything adult life. He wanted to kiss her until she lost her breath. He would tell her she's the prettiest girl he's ever seen just to see if he can see any trace of blush on her cheeks. And the next time, he wouldn't stop at the thighs.

Jungwon was not feeling good at all. He wanted her for himself. He should be the only person to kiss her. But he had forgotten that she was an Engene. A heeseung biased at that. How will he ever be able to beat Heeseung to get her. If her bias comes to her, which girl would refuse? He knew about her wattpad. So she definitely read Heeseung's smuts. That was for sure. Maybe Jay? Sunghoon? Jake? Was he in the list? There was nothing in Wattpad about him for all he knew. But on that other app? Tumble something? Did she have that app? He wanted to know so bad if she did. He had more knowledge about what goes on online than people gave him credit for. He wasn't at all angry or sad. Just determined to keep her affection for himself.

And it was time that Jake spent more time with her. The Maknaes had been hogging her since the start. And he was confused seeing her talking normally with the rest of the elders. When did that happen? For all he knew, he did not see them interact much with Leah. Maybe Jay a bit. But Heeseung? Sunghoon? He was the one doing all the talking in the car that day but how come she was more comfortable with Sunghoon? He wasn't lying when he said he would date her. He wanted to see why the maknaes were obsessed with her. At least she didn't seem obsessive herself. She was cute, sweet and understanding. He needed to step up his game.

Niki was pacing the length of his room in irritation. Why did he stop her from leaving? Why did he bring that lie detector? If he hadn't done it, Leah would've been with him only. He did not like the turn the game took in between. Sunghoon would kiss her? Jake would date her? And he was sure Heeseung would do it too. Damn it. Why didn't he stop himself before bringing the lie detector? It was true that he was possessive. He found Leah first. So naturally she belonged to him. She obviously loved him the most. He hated the idea of anyone else taking his place. As if being threatened by Jungwon's presence wasn't enough, he had to worry about his hyungs too. The one whom he could trust the most was Jay. He was scared that Jay would try to sleep with her, succumbing to his habit of one night stands. But he didn't. And Niki respected his Hyung a lot. Maybe he could even trust Sunoo. Sunoo wouldn't even think about Leah in that way. He considered her a good friend. And skin ship was just Sunoo's love language. So he didn't mind him staying close to Leah most of the time. In the meanwhile, he would do anything to keep her away from others. She can be friends with them but if she wants anything more, he should be the only one to give it to her.

Everyone had trickled into their beds. Planning their moves carefully. But Jay was still in the kitchen. He wasn't allowing himself to dwell on the matter yet. But Leah's face wouldn't let him. Her laugh, her smile, her charm. Everything about her was cute. Her almost cracking her neck in order to look at them was really funny. But he was worried that all her bubbly energy would be gone soon. Drained out of her just like when she had been talking to her friend about studies. These people would suck the life out of her. He'd been observing everyone whenever she was around. They were all drawn to her. They seemed to like her a lot. But he could see some warning signs in their actions. Whenever she got close to one person, everyone else seemed to silently rage inside. It was mostly Niki, Heeseung and Sunghoon. The fire that burned in their eyes when she left their side was scary. A borderline obsession. Something she managed to ignite within them in a few days. They were already looking forward to her after knowing she was an Engene. It wouldn't be long before everyone starts to compete for her attention. Knowing how far their obsession could take them, he was scared for his friends too.

He'd be lying if he said he didn't feel the same. He had thought this girl would be just like some other Engenes he had met and fucked. He'd get them something and they would throw themselves on him. It was fun while it lasted. And he had the same intention towards Leah. But she looked too innocent to him. Keeping her distance from them. Not expecting anything from them.

When he had come to know that Jungwon had invited her to the hotel on the first day, he was mad. He had spied on her through the reception. He had seen her walk inside with an awe. That's when he found her cute first. She looked like a child who just received a new candy. He had seen her looking overwhelmed with her surroundings pretty quickly and deciding against coming in. She had passed his first test. He had planted a camera with Sunghoon in the room to watch her. The older boys were just skeptical of her at the start. Because who wouldn't be? If your youngest starts singing ballads of a person he had just met, it would be suspicious to anyone. He had seen her fidgeting in nervousness the whole time she was with him. And then blushing like crazy when she was alone in the room. When the Maknaes were talking to her on the first day, all the hyungs were watching from the other room. How naturally they had interacted. As if they were friends from a long time. They had laughed at Niki trying to impress her. At the end, it was just a precautionary measure. So that they could let their guard down around her.

After that, he had slowly started to care for the girl. The way she fit right in with them. As if she was meant to be with them. The way she would turn to him when she was in a difficult situation. It bought out his protective instincts.

But today became the Godforsaken day, when it turned out that she wasn't as innocent as he had thought.

She was an Engene after all. After she had run away, he had seen everyone's eyes. They held determination. They had been subtle with their gestures until now. But after today? They would pursue her with the intensity of an eagle swooping down for its prey. Each if them would sink their claws into her, fighting until they had her under their sole wing. They won't care what toll it was going to take on her. Physically and mentally. And at the end of this, what would remain of her? Not the bubbly girl he had started to like.

Where at one side, most of the boys were entering the game to keep Leah with them, Jay was equally determined to reduce the damage as much as possible. He would take her away from everyone as soon as he noticed that Leah didn't want this. And the first person he had to be wary of was Jake. Jake was only curious about her because the maknaes liked her. And his curiosity was going to kill the cat. The cat here probably being Leah's heart. Jay was going to make sure she could always turn to him and find peace in his arms from all the chaos that was about to occur.

Now I had a quite different plan for Jay earlier. He wasn't supposed to be this sweet and caring. Then I thought maybe making him the way I had originally thought wouldn't be received well. And honestly, I like this one better. Why have one of them be hostile when all of them can be obsessed?

Expect daily updates from now on.

Your delusional writer
Signing off.