Chapter-56: The Random Confession.

Ranav opened his eyes to find darkness surrounding him as the ground beneath him seemed non-existent. anxiety took over him as he looked around only to be met with the echoes of his own loud breathing. The air is heavy and still, devoid of any breeze or warmth, leaving him shrouded in an unsettling chill. He took a step forward and stretched out his hands searching in the darkness for something. Anything. With each passing moment, the darkness seems to deepen, stretching out with no end in sight. Fear clawed at him as breathing became hard. Suddenly a beam of light flashed in front of him as he transpired into a large space filled with bright light and buzzing chatter. For a moment he could not see through the light, but slowly his surroundings grew clear as he found himself in the middle of a huge hall filled with people dressed in designer clothes and pricey jewellery.

Everyone seemed to pay no heed to the man who stood cluelessly in the middle, looking out of place, but he was not paying attention either because his eyes were focused on something else. Or someone who stood at the furthest pillar from where he was standing. A woman in the most beautiful and well-made gold-sewn Lehenga he had ever seen stood with her back to him as she conversed with her companions. A man approached her and she turned to the side as the strands of her hair swept aside, unveiling her face. Her features, once concealed, emerged like the soft wave of chill that ran over his spine. Akriti. He recognizes her more quickly now. It is a dream, isn't it? She looked behind and connected her eyes with him, rendering him breathless. Her eyes, like the pools of this dark night, shimmered in the glimmering light that cast a beautiful glow on her soft cheeks. Her lips curved in a gentle smile, hypnotising him with her allure. She looked at him with something in her eyes that he couldn't comprehend. The lights go off and he falls off into the pit of darkness yet again.

Before he could even panic, the lights turned on and he found himself in the middle of a banquet yet again but this one was different from the earlier one. He was facing the dias in the front of the hall where Akriti, in yet another Gagra, sat beside a man wearing a green Sherwani. He looked closer at the man as he felt familiar and recognised him. Akshay. Gowtham, the name came out of nowhere.

An older woman then carefully placed a duppata over Akriti's head, veiling her face. Both the elders came forward to exchange the Thali of offerings which could only mean one thing. It's an engagement of sorts.

Ranav leaps out of his dream, loses balance and hits the ground. He frantically searched his surroundings to turn on the light. He turned on the bed lamp and finally relaxed looking at the familiar surroundings. His room in Maheswari's house. He takes heavy breaths as he looks up to find his reflection in the mirror opposite to him staring back at him. The man in the reflection looked frightened. Not even the dream of his death had left him so shaken. Why did he dream of this? Was it because of the conversation they had earlier? After the announcement Meenakshi made of finding a match for Maya. When he was about to leave, Maya found him.

"Are you coming tomorrow?" It surprised him that she came to ask him that question when she had just now walked away from everyone's questions. He had seen that Amish followed her just a moment later.

"Why would I?" He asked. he had plenty of time to talk to her since Akshay was nowhere to be seen and Varsha Dadi and Shourya Dadu went to talk with Kuhu Aunty, but he didn't want this conversation to stretch long.

"You should."

"Why?"

"Because you are going to enjoy the show." Maya smiles mischievously and Ranav frowns. She planned something, didn't she? "Actually I don't know why I am telling you this, but maybe because you are kind of my friend now? And you helped me last time so... Will you come?" Maya asked hopefully. Ranav looks at her for a moment, turns around and gets into Akshay's car. Maya stared at him for a moment but then turned around and walked away. Should he go?...