14: Packed House

"...So then I thought I would invite all the faeries and the magical people from the forest to come over so that we could dance and have a sleepover."

"Hmm...That's nice."

"P'Phayu!! What's wrong with you?? You haven't been listening to anything I said!!"

"Huh?" Phayu finally came out of his own head and looked at Saifah who had joined him outside on the deck.

Saifah's eyes looked bleary, his hair was standing on end as he sipped his coffee

Saifah's eyes looked bleary, his hair was standing on end as he sipped his coffee. He must have come down to the kitchen to grab some much-needed caffeine before getting the day started.

"P'Phayu, I was just sharing some good gossip from the pack house last night, but you haven't been paying attention. How long have you been out here??"

Phayu finally looked around and realized he was already on his second cup of coffee and it was barely seven in the morning.

He should have felt quite...relaxed...after his mind-blowing orgasm with Rain yesterday, but he couldn't stop his mind from racing. He hadn't been able to fall asleep after dragging himself away from Rain after he dropped him at home.

At 4:30 AM he finally gave up and came downstairs to work out. After that he showered, sat here on the deck, and watched the sunrise, hoping to clear his head and get some clarity.

"Did something happen with the launch? Or with....Rain?"

Did something happen with Rain??

Well, yeah...only that he completely rocked his world.

After that searing kiss ten days ago, Phayu knew he had to slow things down - for Rain's sake. He had never been so consumed while kissing someone that he lost track of time and place! They had only met days before that kiss.

Rain had been engaged to someone else, betrayed by that person, and very publicly ostracized for being a cheater. That same day, Rain discovered that he may have a new mate. And, oh by the way, that person was a high-profile werewolf, supposedly chosen for him by the Gods!

All of those things would require an adjustment period for anyone, let alone a young, innocent vampire who didn't know much about werewolves or fated mates.

So Phayu had felt that it was only right to slow things down and give Rain a chance to adjust to the new reality that he found himself in. Yet, he couldn't deny that their connection had been getting stronger each day after that kiss. He couldn't just blame it on their mate bond either. It had moved beyond the initial attraction or the mystical pull triggered by pheromones and heightened energy.

He liked Rain.

Liked so many things about him beyond his looks.

Rain was... kind, loyal, smart, and hard-working.