Chapter 2

"Dodge left. Roll right! Jump!" Silver exclaimed as she watched the two tom cats train. It had been a while since they had decided they wanted to go back to the city. In four more days, they would set out for the city.

"I'm trying!" Feathers exclaimed as he rolled in the dust dodging Tetra's strike. "It's harder than it looks, Silver!" He meowed as he rolled around and dodged the black cat's attacks. "You wanna try it?" The small tom cat asked, tilting his head to the side with a smirk.

"I'll pass. I will be the one helping the cats who get injured so I won't need this training," Silver responded with a sigh, "we've already gone over this, Feathers."

Tetra smiled and walked over to Feathers to whisper something in his ear. Silver glanced over at them but just rolled her eyes before looking up at the sky. "I'm waiting," she mumbled to them with an annoyed sigh before being knocked off her perch by Feathers and Tetra.

"Ha!" Tetra and Feathers laughed as they rolled on the ground, now laughing.

"You should've seen yourself," Feathers started in between chuckles waiting for Tetra to finish his sentence.

"It was hilarious!" Starling continued to laugh. Over time they had grown closer and closer together and Silver was likely jealous.

"Very funny, back to training you two. I'm getting prey so stay on task while I'm gone," Silver growled, walking off to go get food for them.

"Alright, any advice on what I could do to fight better?" Feathers asked his friend, Tetra. And who made you the boss, Silver. He thought to himself with a flick of his ear.

The black cat thought for a second before taking a long breath, "I would advise not getting distracted by Silver, Why? Because she is making it harder for you. Why don't you try attacking me without her yelling at you the entire time and telling you what to do?" Tetra asked crouching, getting ready for Feathers to attack him.

Feathers thought about the distance between them and made a quick plan in his head before jumping onto Tetra and batting his ears with soft paws before leaping off and rolling underneath him quickly and then sliding out again and flipping Tetra over with his paw to his neck. "So... How did I do?" He asked while panting with a smile.

Tetra's jaws were open and his eyes were wide. "WHAT THE HECK! FEATHERS, THAT WAS THE SINGLE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN A CAT DO IN AN ATTACK!" He rolled out from underneath Feathers, his jaws still wide open and his eyes huge.

"Really? It was that good?" Feathers questioned, tilting his head to the side. He didn't know that he was really that good, he never did well in fighting because Silver was yowling commands at him the entire time.

"It was pretty amazing, when Silver comes back we have to show her!" Tetra exclaimed before jumping over the fence to walk off and find Silver. "Coming Feathers?" He chirped.

Feathers nodded and followed.

After only about a few minutes they came across two cats, one was a golden and brown cat and the other cat, a tom, was a bunch of different colors and looked very unusual for a cat, the coloration of his fur reminded Feathers of a bird that he had seen once on the way out, a pheasant.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" The larger cat asked glaring at Tetra and Feathers with amber eyes that were cold and unwelcoming.

"Well, I'm finding my friend Silver. We aren't from here, well, not really anyways, and we're not here to stay. In a bit we're going to the city to avenge my brother's death. Lightning made his cats kill him and I won't let him get away with it. Who are you though?" Tetra asked, narrowing his different-colored eyes at the two cats.