Chapter 5

Feathers and the rest of the cats walked north to the city where Lightning and his cats were taking over. As he was walking, Finch was talking more about the current situation.

"Yeah, like I was saying Misty and her two kittens are being held hostage by Lightning. We have no idea why he's choosing to keep them alive. He and his cats killed all of the other cats that they were able to find... unless they could run away of course, or unless they would join him. It's very confusing really," Finch added to Feathers with an unsure expression.

The blueish gray tabby thought for a few moments before saying, "Maybe they're related?"

"Doesn't look like it! Misty's pelt is black, white, and other shades of gray. Lightning on the other hand is a golden brown tabby. They look nothing like each other! If they were related they would look somewhat like each other, plus, Lightning has amber eyes. On top of that, their personalities also don't match at all! Misty loves kittens and is welcoming to other cats and is generous! Lightning hates all cats... especially kittens! I think!! He also is selfish!" Finch exclaimed before covering her mouth with her paw. "I got carried away, sorry."

Feathers smiled and nodded at Finch, "Oh don't worry. One time I yowled loud enough for a cat on the other side of the world to cover its ears. I also only did it because there was an ant on my tail." He added, trying to assure her with a bit of humor.

The golden and brown molly laughed and fell over, rolling on the ground in amusement, "You yowled because there was an ant on your tail! That's hilarious! Oh, the great Feathers, ready to change the world and ready to jump into a completely unsafe battle is afraid of an ant!" She exclaimed.

Feathers laughed a bit looking at her, "Ah. You say that now but when there's an ant on your tail you're not getting any sympathy from me."

"Hey! Love furs! Where are ya going? I said that we're hunting here before continuing our journey!" Pheasant exclaimed, shaking his head. "You two never pay attention do you?"

"Heck ya, we don't!" Feathers exclaimed with a sarcastic smile, sprinting back to where the other cats were trying to pick up a scent trail.

The oddly colored cat sighed and rolled his eyes, "And now you've scared away all the prey and we're gonna go hungry. Thanks for nothing, Feathers." Pheasant said to him flatly before he then rolled his eyes.

Tetra walked off into the woods quietly and quickly. Something caught his eyes however, and without another word he ran off deeper into the forest.

Silver opened her jaws and yelled after him, "What are you thinking, hairball brain? You don't run after prey! Didn't Starling teach you anything?"

The black cat kept running away until he was out of view from the other cats, he didn't show any signs of stopping.

"Well... We're not going anywhere with him gone... TETRA! BE BACK BEFORE NIGHT!" Feathers yelled after him as loud as he could before laying down on the ground. "Ok. I guess we go hunting somewhere else where our prey will still be out and about, and then we wait for him to come back- unless someone has a better idea. If you do, please tell." He announced to his group of cats.

Feathers was met with silence so he just decided to carry out his own previous plan.

The sky was dark and the cats were still waiting for Tetra to come back, Pheasant was licking a mouse bone while the other cats kept glancing at each other silently before Feathers broke the silence.

"Look... I think we should go out and find Tetra. I'm starting to get worried... What if he ran off and isn't coming back because Lightning found him? If that was the case, waiting isn't going to help him at all." Feathers added as his blue eyes widened with fear.