Chapter 6

Feathers smiled as he looked at the cats who began to gather around him before opening his jaws to say something. "Alright. Well... First of all I want to thank Cyclone for helping me out a lot with this, because without my friend, Tetra, finding him I wouldn't be here," He started off before tilting his head slightly to Cyclone as if asking if what he was saying was alright, and the white cat nodded back.

"Alright. We should do more introductions later though. My own cats need to know the plan." Cyclone told Feathers with an encouraging smile.

"Ok, ok. Alright... Ok... Umm... So the plan is to destroy or disband Lightning and his cats. We want to take a quieter approach and try to win him over by words and emotions, if possible so none of us have to die... but he may not agree... He probably won't agree if I'm going to be honest. And then that's when we fight him! When you unsheathe your claws, do not back down! Now we'll need more than just fighters though- We're going to need another spy other than Cyclone to find out everything about them and their status." He explained to them before looking over to Cyclone waiting for him to say something about what he stated previously.

He blinked at Feathers before understanding why he stopped speaking and looked at him. "Oh right. Yes yes yes. So, I'm one of the spies and we're going to need another for this plan to work correctly." He told the group of cats with a small shrug.

The blue gray tabby padded over closer to the cats and began to circle around them, "And we do not yet know who that other spy will be... any volunteers?" He asked them as he perked up a bit.

A black and white tuxedo cat walked over to Feathers before nodding to him respectfully. "Umm, Feathers... My name is Jay, and... and I would really like to help with this plan in a way that there isn't fighting, so I was wondering, maybe- maybe I could volunteer?" He told him, while looking down at his paws, he didn't seem like the outgoing kind of cat.

Feathers looked over him for a few moments. He realized that he was small and his fur was short which meant he was probably quiet and could move around easily, he also realized how quiet Jay was which was for sure a good sign for a plan like this. "Cyclone, come here," he told the white cat who was watching the two of them with interest.

The white cat walked over and also looked at Jay who was now leaning from paw to paw nervously, wondering what they would say as their final decision, Cyclone quickly then gave Feathers a simple nod of approval.

The tabby nodded back before asking the small tuxedo cat, "What's your name again?"

"Jay." He said quietly but he smiled slightly as he waited to hear what Feathers would say next, he also shifted from one of his paws to the other quickly.

"Jay." Feathers repeated before then going on, "I think you would be a great spy for us. You're very quiet... so far... and your general shape will make it easy for you to move around with ease. You also have short fur which won't get caught in anything. I believe you are fit for this mission." He finally decided with a smile.

The eyes of the small cat lit up. His amber eyes were wide and sparkling with excitement. He then bounced back and forth on his small white paws, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" He exclaimed.

A few of the cats in the group now before Feather, Cyclone, and the others smiled and laughed a bit as they looked at him. "That was a good option on his part. Jay is young and smart. He'll also do great at this task to impress Feathers, he was a people-pleaser when he used to be an inside cat, that's going to make him easy to work with now," One of the cats mumbled to another. The other cats meowed different things to each other about his decision.

"Ok! Ok! Quiet down please." Pheasant yowled over all of the meows of the cats.

The cats quieted down enough for Feathers to continue telling them about his plan, and then they went silent when he began to speak. "Ok, now that we have that down, it is time to decide how to organize the other groups in our plan. Pheasant and Finch have told me about a cat named Misty, she's being held hostage with her two kits, who quite frankly, we don't know if they're even kits anymore. I'm going to let them tell you about that now." He told them before flicking his tail as he sat down beside Pheasant.