4 | don't miss me

(a/n: i just wanted to say that this is taking place on the night of may 13th and then may 14th 2024.)

billie's pov

she's putting her clothes back on, and there's a bit of sweat on her back. she puts her shirt over her head with ease, and it's weirdly a turn on.

"hey so um-" i start. "don't tell anyone about this, k?"

"what, are you gonna make me sign an nda?" she jokes.

"no! you're the only non-family member i've never made sign an nda anyway." i defend myself.

"i'm kidding. don't sweat it." she smiles at me.

"you're telling me to sweat it when you were just sweating?" i grin.

"oh shut up." she playfully punches my arm before laying down on my chest, falling asleep.

***

harper's pov

"finneas, how do i know if i'm gay or not?" i groan.

"i don't know. ask billie." he says shortly, not giving me any attention.

"but billie is the reason i think i'm gay." i nudge his shoulder.

he doesn't reply. the only noise is my phone ringing. billie isn't home since she's going to pick up the food we ordered from some breakfast and lunch place nearby.

i step outside the room to see the caller is my dad. the hell? i click the answer call button.

"pa?" i ask. "are you there?"

"harper, i am so sorry-" my younger brother cuts him off, and i can hear my brother rambling about something.

"what? what are you sorry about?" i shout to get over my brother's talking.

"i'm getting remarried on the 17th. i completely forgot to tell you." he pauses. "i bought you a plane ticket to come to vermont. it leaves on the 15th"

"shit, pa!" i yell.

"harper! is everything okay?" i hear finneas ask from the living room.

i move my phone away from my ear. "yes, i'm fine!"

i go back to talking to my dad. "pa, are you serious? i thought you and bailey weren't ever planning to get married."

"i know i know- i'm sorry." he apologizes. i don't know why, but he still does. all his apologies are absolute shit.

"i need to think about it." i say, hanging up the phone just as billie walks through the door with the food.

"hey, you okay babydoll?" she asks, setting the food on the kitchen counter.

"oh, yeah, don't worry about it." i simply say, putting my phone into billie's hoodie pocket. yes, i'm wearing her hoodie.

billie made me cum last night and i am so happy we're not being awkward. i don't think i could live with her if it was awkward. so, when she had gotten up to take a shower after she woke up, i stole a 'hit me hard and soft' hoodie from her. i'm really upset that she won't let me hear any more than snippets of her songs. i really really want to hear lunch.

speaking of lunch, i'm digging through the bag of food to find my chicken bacon ranch quesadillas. i hear finneas whisper to billie, "since when did you start calling her babydoll?" all she does is nudge his arm to get him to shut up.

as i take a bite, i moan some, and billie snorts. finneas raises an eyebrow. "is something going on between you?"

"no!" me and billie say in unison and finneas just goes back to eating his food.

"billie, when does your album release again?" i ask her.

"on the 17th, so in like 5 days. oh shit. i cancelled my entire week when i really needed to-" billie rambles while setting her plate down in her lap.

"billie, it's fine." finneas reassures her. "i talked to the team and they said it'd be fine if you took the week off, as long as on the 17th you show up."

all i can do is swallow and stay quiet. how do i tell billie i'm not going to be there? so the best thing i can think to do is leave on the 15th and if she asks where i am, i'll say i'm at a friend's house. i hope that i can get on a plane right after the wedding.

"harps, you're going to be there too, right?" she stares at me. "i want you to be there."

"um, yeah." i lie. who am i kidding?

***

finneas went home after we binge watched two seasons of stranger things. right now, i'm being the big spoon and billie is the little spoon. her face is nestled into my neck and she plants a few kisses every few minutes. i rub her back as she makes soft, low groaning noises.

"i missed this, you know." billie whispers in my ear. her breath tickles my neck and her grip on my body becomes rougher.

"yeah?" i smile, moving my hands so they're holding her waist.

"mhm..." she plants another kiss on my neck, biting a tiny bit, making me lightly groan.

"don't, billie." i warn her.

"shit, sorry, i just thought-" she says, getting up, but i hold her down.

"no, i do, but if we do, you won't be able to walk for a week." i joke, kissing her forehead.

"oh, i really thought you were mad at me." she chuckles.

i stay silent for a minute, a million thoughts running through my head. but it gets interrupted by billie's phone going off.

"can you get that baby?" she whispers.

"yeah sure." i say, grabbing her phone, seeing a notification from a random guy named noah. "do you want me to read the message or do you just want to know who it's from?"

"read the message. my password is 073097." she says. i'm surprised she just gave me her password, to be honest.

"okay, it's from a guy named noah..." i say, trailing off as i open the instagram dm. "he said, quote-on-quote, 'i can't wait to see u tmr.' heart emoji." the fuck?

"shit." she gets up and takes the phone from my hands.

"what does that imply, billie?" i say, frustrated.

"i kind of agreed to go on a date with this guy." she gulps.

"are you serious?" i get off the couch, moving away from her.

i can't really be mad at her for going on a date though. me and her aren't dating. not yet, anyways. but still, i feel betrayed. she calls me babydoll and kisses me. we aren't exactly friends.

"i'm sorry, i forgot all about it-" she rambles, but i stop listening.

"billie, don't." i move towards the stairs, hearing her run after me.

she isn't fast enough though, she's a bit short. i make it up to her room, locking the door, and packing a bag with a night's clothes. i am not staying here tonight.

"harps, open up the door!" i hear her yell, but it's muffled through my thoughts.

i open the door after i have everything packed for tonight. "this is familiar, huh?" i say, staring right into her ocean eyes. "don't miss me."

then i run downstairs, hearing her yell behind me, but i ignore her. i open her front door and slam it as i leave.

---

1240 words

jaelzver - may 11th 2024

thank u so much for making it to the end of this chapter! please leave feedback, follow me, or vote for the chapter! i really appreciate it. 🩷