"Mind-Flamer thing" - VII

Strawberry Shortcake

The group of four started to follow where the Demogorgons went. Max and Natalie are in the back, and Steve, Dustin, and Lucas are in the front. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks. "Yes, he had the same yellow spot on his back," Dustin replies.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max rolls her eyes. "Well, he's molted three times already," Dustin explains. "Malted?" Natalie says. "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." He says.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve comments. "Wait, a cat?" Lucas stops Dustin. "Dart ate a cat?"
"No, what? No." Dustin stutters. "What are you talking about, he ate Mews," Natalie explains. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks. "It's Dustin's cat," Natalie says. "Natalie!" Dustin yells.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas pushes Dustin. "No! No. No... I. No... I. He missed me. He wanted to come home." Dustin explains as Lucas glares at him. "Bullshit!" Lucas yells. "I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Dustin says. "Guy, who cares? We have to go." Max groans. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas explains. "So did you!" "What?" Lucas says. "You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin flashes his flashlight at Max. "A stranger?" She scoffs.

"You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas yells. "But I didn't, Lucas, okay?" Dustin yells back. Max starts to walk towards the boys. The Harrington siblings look at each other. Suddenly the two hear screeching in the distance.
"We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even." Dustin yells despite the noise of the Demogorgons. "No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that."

"Your stupid pet could have eaten us for dinner!" The two continue to yell. "Guys?" Steve says. "Guys!" Natalie screams. The three look at the for a couple of seconds before Steve and Natalie start to the noise. "Hey, hey guys! Why are you headed towards the sound? Hello?" Max yells as she pauses and then runs towards everyone.

"I don't see them," Dustin says as they stop walking. Lucas uses his binoculars. "It's the lab. They were going back home." Lucas explains.

The group walks out of the woods. "Steve?" They heard two people say. "Nancy?" Steve says. "Jonathan." Dustin smiles. "What are you doing here?" Nancy asks. "What are you doing here," Steve says as they all walk closer to each other. "We're looking for Mike and Will," Nancy explains. "They're not in to there, are they?" Dustin asks worriedly. "We're not sure."
"Why?" The seven hear screaming from the lab.

"Oh, the powers back!" Nancy says. Jonathan runs to the booth. "Let me try," Dustin says as he walks into the booth. "No," Jonathan says. "Let me try, Jonathan!" Dustin pushes him off. "Son of a bitch, you know what."