"Nice pep talk!" - VIII

Lunchbox Friends

Lunchbox Friends

Natalie stared at the girl in awe. Max looks at Natalie. "Is that-" Before she could finish her sentence she got caught off by Mike. "Eleven!" She runs up to the girl and hugs her. "Mike." She whispers.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-" Mike smiles. "353 days," Eleven says with a giggle. "I heard," She says as her voice starts to break. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asks.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper says. "The hell is this? Where have you been?" He asks Eleven. "Where have you been." She glares at him. He hugs her. "You've been hiding her," Mike says. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike pushes Hopper. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper says dragging Mike away.

Julie and Natalie look at each other and smile. Dustin and Lucas hug her first. "We missed you," Lucas says. "I missed you, too." Eleven smiles. "We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin comments. "Mainly Mike," Natalie remarks.

Eleven sticks her fingers in Dustin's mouth. "Teeth." Dustin looks at her confused. "What?" "You have teeth." Dustin smiles. "Oh. You like these pearls?" He purrs. Eleven steps back scared. "Eleven?" Max asks.

She walks up to her. "Hey. Um. I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Eleven walks past her and walks up to Natalie and Julie. "Nat... Julie," Eleven says as she smiles. Natalie hugs the girl, and Julie quickly joins in. "Ah! We missed you so much!" Natalie squeals. "Damn, I love your makeover," Julie comments. "Damn." Eleven whispers. "Don't repeat that." Julie says as she lets go of the hug.

Eleven smiles one last time and then walks to Joyce. Natalie and Julie back up into Max. "Oh! Sorry!" Natalie apologizes. "It's fine," Max mutters coldly. "Damn, what up her ass," Natalie whispers. "Remember, Eleven rejected her," Julie whispers back. "Oh damn. That's embarrassing." The two girls giggle. They see Eleven walk into Will's room.

˚➶ 。˚

"It's not what it was like before. It's grown. A lot. And. I mean, that's considering we can get in there." Hopper explains. "The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs," Dustin says. "I'm sorry, what?" Hopper sighs. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper interrupts the boy. "It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin stutters. "I can do it." Eleven suddenly says. "You're not hearing me." Hopper sighs. "I'm hearing you. I can do it." Eleven nods.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike explains. "I thought that was the whole point," Max asks. "It is, but if we're right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."