39🥀

"Let's skip lunch, I'm not feeling hungry." Zayn said as they made their way towards Louis room.

"Are you serious? They are your cousins and their spouses. You can't be like this the whole time." Liam shook his head.

"You were the one who wanted them here, not me." He reminded Liam, seeing everyone standing outside the room.

"Let's go!" Harry said, rushing towards the elevator.

"Were we not supposed to have lunch?" Liam asked Zayn in a whisper.

"Let's go have lunch." Zayn replied, clutching Liam's hand as he turned to leave but Liam just dragged him to the lift, watching him follow Liam's steps sadly.

The door opened, Harry was quick to lead the way, he pushed open the doors, looking at the pool in front.

"Since it's just us in this big ass hotel, I thought about having our lunch by the poolside!" Harry said, sitting on the chair Louis pulled for him.

Zayn looked at Liam, who seemed to have stilled, his hold on Zayn’s hand tightened.

"Are you okay?" Zyan whispered. Coming out of his daze, Liam nodded, stepping forward.

He needed to get over his fears, it had been years.

Although the table was too far from the pool, he pulled it more away before taking a seat, not leaving Zayn's hand.

"Whose idea was it to have a pool in an area like this?" Niall asked.

"There's only one stupid person between us." Stella replied.

"Really Ave?" Niall turned to him.

"Excuse me? It was your-oh-so-dear- would-be-younger-brother-in-law’s aka Louis idea." Ave replied, offended by Niall's assumption.

"Okay guy's, let's eat first, I'm hungry." Harry's interrupted.

Everyone placed their orders, waiting for Liam to order something too since he was too silent from the moment they stepped in there.

"What would you like to eat?"

"I'm not hungry....You guys carry on." he replied, fidgeting with his scarf. Zayn frowned hearing his answer but ordered a lemonade for him anyway.

They were in the middle of their lunch when Adrian walked there.

"Sir, I'm so sorry for interrupting but can you hear me out for a second?" he asked hesitantly.

Nodding, Zayn got up, following him till they were out of earshot, "Yes?"

"I have checked with everyone, everything is going fine but there's a family emergency back home... I need to go back. Urgently, you can deduct my salary-"

"It's fine, do you need any help?" He asked. 

"No.. no. I'll manage, l just need to leave as soon as possible. Also, the manager wants to meet you and Louis sir." he replied.

"I see, Adrian? Book your ticket with the company's account and if you need any help, call Mr Sharma." He said, nodding at her.

"Thank you so much sir, May I leave now?"

"Yes, the driver will drop you off" He said, going back to the table.

"What did he say?" Ave asked as soon as he took a seat. Giving her a pointed look, Zayn narrated the whole thing before turning his focus back on his husband.

His untouched juice concerned Zayn, "Are you feeling okay?" He whispered.

Liam startled, feeling him close, "hmm?"