Chapter 79-Hanging

~while Alastor was gone~

Y/N POV:

It was getting late and your eyes were gradually getting heavier as you laid on the couch staring into the mesmerizing flames of the fireplace.

I need to wait for Alastor.

I could take a quick nap...no.

Stay awake...

Stay aw-

The warmth of the fire made your body relax and you slowly drifted off your sleep.

You suddenly were standing in the middle of a large, open field in the pitch black dark. No stars. No moon. Nothing except from one large, dead tree looming over you.

The breeze was cold and everything felt creepily surreal. You felt a hand crawl up your spine and your heart rate fastened as you clawed at your back trying to get it off you.

Echoes of cackles and childish laughing boomed, you held your ears to muffle the sound but it made it so much worse. All the laughs were overlapping and you felt intensely overwhelmed, a few panicked tears fell down your face.

"Stop!" You screamed out.

Everything when silent.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice let out an ear-splitting scream. It sounded like they were choking and gasping desperately for air.

"Alastor? ALASTOR?!" You franticly called out, you slowly looked above you and there he was.

Hanging by his neck.

The chilly breeze swayed his limp body and your breathing halted.

"A-Alastor?" You stuttered, heartbroken and terror-stricken.

It's just a dream. WAKE UP. You scratched at your arms in effort to escape the nightmare.

"Are you, are you coming to the tree~" A quiet, smooth voice sang. It sounded sharp, you felt faint and your head pounded with pure fear.

"Where dead man called out for his love to flee~" The voice continued to sing and it felt like someone was directly next to you whispering into your ear.

SNAP

A tree branch fell and Alastors rotting body dropped right in-front of you. The sight was horrific. You rushed over, kneeling down and cradling him.

"Alastor wake up, please. Fucking get up Alastor!please...I need you...I had so much left to say to you...where's your smile gone?...you always smile...smile for me...please..." You sobbed and begged, your throat felt sore and tight from your cries. You rocked back and forward hugging his heavy, cold body.

"I love y-" Your breathing stopped.

Alastors mouth cracked opened and spoke. "Love makes him weak, you are a parasite to me. I will make sure this will happen to him if you lead him down the wrong path." His body turned into Ashes in your arms and red eyes appeared all around you.

"STOP" You held your hair tight.

A silhouette of a woman with a large floppy hat and water that flowed as if it was underwater appeared.

"Who are you?" You stuttered looking up at her appearance.

"I'm Roo, Alastor has been keeping me a secret from you." She smirked.

"What?"

"I have his soul." She shrugged and clicked her head back.

"What?"

"Is that the only word you can say?" She sighed, laughing.

"What do you mean...his soul?" You stuttered.

She clicked her fingers and a glowing scroll manifested into your hands. Your eyes widened in shock at what he signed.

"He wouldn't..."

"Oh, but he did~" Roo sung in a mocking tone.

"Why would he lie about something like this?!"

"Maybe he doesn't love you or trust you enough. All along he could be using you for your body" She faked a frown. "In fact, I saw him enter a brothel today~"

"He wouldn't ever engage in such behavior and I know it. You are clearly lying to break us apart. It's not happening you bitch!" You snapped and her body twisted and grew dramatically in size, all her limbs were thin and her spine poked out her back, making black liquid pour onto the floor.

"You just made the biggest mistake of your life." She screeched and pulled you up by your hair, lowering you over her mouth.

"Fuck you, jealous bitch." You yelled squirming under her rough, painful grip, as Roo dropped you into her mouth you snapped out the dream instantly when you heard a loud sound.

BANG BANG BANG

You awoke breathing rapidly and your head still felt like it was being held.

What the fuck just happened?

I approached the door, wanting to jump into Alastors arms and tell him everything. As I opened it I was met with a girl with red hair an amber eyes. Alastor was behind her, looking troubled.

"Who are you?" My eyes darted from Alastor to the obviously distressed girl.

———————————————————
A/N

Yes, I know it's a short chapter but I'm sleepy and I wanted to write out the nightmare before I sleep.