Chapter 80- Cobwebs

Alastors POV:

Nifty stood infront of me, fidgeting at her fingers, looking up at y/n.

"This little darling is Nifty, I'm sure she can tell us all about what happened after she's more tidy." I explained but as I looked into y/n eyes I could tell something was wrong.

"Y/n? What happened?" I spoke and immediately she broke down in tears in-front of me and Nifty. I gently pushed Nifty inside, closing the door behind me and rushed over to y/n.

"I'm sorry nifty I'm not usually like this. There are clothes in the spare bedroom it's the first room on the right when you go upstairs." Y/n sniffled.

"Thank you." Nifty smiled and hurried upstairs, searching for the spare room.

It was now just me and y/n. I pulled her in for a hug, keeping her against my chest and rubbing her back gently.

"Oh don't cry mon amour, I don't like seeing you cry." I spoke in a sympathetic tone. She sobbed more into me and was shaking.

"It's alright my love, I'm here...I've got you. You are safe..." I continued holding her close to me as she cried into my chest.

"...please tell me whats gotten you acting like this." I tilted her chin up to me and wiped her tears.

"Why did you sell your soul to Roo? And why would you hide that from me?!" She stuttered.

What? Roo? That fucking-

"Your mind is playing tricks on you chère, I would never keep that big of a secret hidden from you." I lied. I didn't want to but it felt like I was being controlled by someone to say this.

"No! I wouldn't just imagine something like that." She pushed me off of her and I stumbled back a little.

"Why are you trying to manipulate me into thinking you are telling me the truth? That's messed up Alastor. You need to learn that you should hurt me with the truth but NEVER comfort me with lies." She yelled through broken up cries.

"Mon amour, please don't get angry at me. I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong!" She interrupted.

Behind her, words were being carved into the wall and the sound of Roo's laughter filled my head.

'Don't put me in a position where I have to show you how cold I can get. I can control and break you apart at ANY moment.' Was written by Roo and a sound of thousands of screams pounded in my head. I collapsed onto my knees gripping my hair tight.

"Stop...please just leave me alone! I won't get distracted again, I promise." I begged, I was trying to keep my smile intact but it was getting harder to hold onto it.

"Alastor?!" Y/n panicky kneeled in-front of me, cupping my face in her hands. Roo's torments suddenly disappeared and my mind was quiet again.

"That was her wasn't it?" She whispered and I trembly nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, I didn't-"

"Don't apologize, I would've acted the same way. She made me lie, I really didn't mean to. I should've told you that I sold my soul, I was so gullible and I knew you would be mad at me. I wonder what I look like in your eyes right now..." I interrupted.

"Alastor listen, I'm always going to love you no matter what. You could break my heart into tiny, little pieces and I'd still pick them back up and put them back in your hands. I'm never taking this ring off..." She held up her hand, showing me the barbed wire ring I made her back at the asylum.