Chapter 3🪷

Jungkook's room is located at the third and last floor of the main pack house. His father and stepmother's room, along with Kihyun's is on the second floor. The ground floor of the main pack house is used for council meetings and important events like banquets and social gatherings. The head alpha's office is also at the ground floor.

Jungkook opens the drawer of the small cabinet beside his bed. He brings out the two boxes of jewelry his mother left for him. Jungkook's mother Harin, is also an alpha like his father. It is known that it's very risky for an alpha woman to conceive, but his mother was stubborn and didn't listen even to her own mate. When she gets pregnant with Jungkook, she's determined to birth him, even if it will cost her life.

His mother died of childbirth, leaving Jungkook and his father Jeon Junseo. His father had no choice but to remarry after he found out that Jungkook's wolf is dormant and he'll live his whole life like an ordinary human. He thought that the pack needed an heir, a strong heir, an alpha and not a weakling like Jungkook.

His father married Hira, the twin sister of Jungkook's mother and had an alpha son with her-Kihyun. Kihyun is two years younger than Jungkook. The two are not close since Heera forbids her son to play or hang out with his older brother.

Other kids also shunned young Jungkook because he was different. He has no scent and can't shift into his wolf like other kids, so they made fun of him. That was when he met Hoseok, a beta. Hoseok is kind and has a pure heart. He looks beyond a person's flaw as long as he has a good heart. He befriended Jungkook even if other kids coaxed him to avoid the younger. That's why up to this day, Jungkook considers Hoseok as his older brother. And he wouldn't want to be on the beta's bad side.

Jungkook also brings out his mother's journal from the drawer. Harin, knowing that there was a very slim chance for her to survive childbirth, wrote a journal for her child. She started writing from the day she conceived up to the day she was about to give birth to Jungkook.

The journal also contains pictures and information about the different gems in her collection. His mother was enthralled by these radiant and precious stones that she even studied what power and curse each of them holds.

Jungkook gently touches the leather cover of his mother's journal. He had memorized its content as the journal became his source of comfort whenever he misses his mother or whenever the mocking laughter and hurtful words of his pack mates are too much to endure.

He places the journal on his side. He opens the box of jewelry. The gemstones sparkle under the enchanting light of the full moon. He remembers his mother's words in her journal. He wonders how such beautiful things can save and endanger at the same time.

 He wonders how such beautiful things can save and endanger at the same time

He marvels at the gemstones once more. He had given Yunhee a couple of earrings and necklace from his mother's collection. Ah Yunhee, the omega he fancied since he was young. He thought that she was the epitome of a perfect omega, beautiful, smart and confident. She was different from other kids when they were young. She didn't mock him for being wolfless. She even befriended him. Jungkook lowly chuckles. The omega has been asking him for a gift and he knows the fitting gem for her.