Chapter 6🪷

Taehyung's heat lasted four more days since Jungkook came to the omega's house. The raven head patiently tended to his needs, not sexually of course. Jungkook is too much of a gentleman to take advantage of Taehyung while he was in heat. He cooked for him and occasionally gave him baths.

Hoseok visited Taehyung too a few times to check on the omega. He also gave instructions to Jungkook on what to do to lessen Taehyung's pain during his heat. He didn't give suppressants to the omega because he trusts that Jungkook won't cross the line. His alpha is dormant, so there's no way Jungkook would be affected by the omega's scent.

Jungkook didn't tell Hoseok that he can smell Taehyung's pheromones. He himself is confused on what's happening to him. Why can he smell Taehyung when he can't feel his alpha? His wolf is still inactive.

"Thank you, Jungkook. It isn't your responsibility to take care of me, yet you're here and helped me a lot." Taehyung said softly.

"Don't mention it. Uh Taehyung, what happened during your 18th birthday? Did you find your mate? Forgive me if I'm being nosy but I'm curious. Why aren't you marked?" Jungkook asked him.

Taehyung chuckled bitterly. "What do you think? My mate rejected me but not before attempting to force himself on me. I don't remember much except he was very angry and rejected me, saying I'm a freak and useless. I don't know what happened after that, then I saw him lying on the floor unconscious. I escaped before he wakes up and tries to hurt me again."

The ravenette's face turned red with rage. "W-who is your bastard mate? Tell me, he should be punished! The head alpha will not let it slide."

"It's your half-brother Jeon Kihyun! Now, do you think your father would punish him?"

"Taehyung, my father would never condone such vicious act especially if it involves his own family. My father is a just leader, he wouldn't let it slide. I'm sure he will punish Kihyun if he finds out what he did to you." Jungkook looked him straight in the eyes.

"What if Kihyun denies it and say that I'm accusing him because I'm bitter that he rejected me? Do you think this pack will believe me over him? In their eyes, I'm just a useless, cursed omega." Taehyung averted his gaze, trying to hide his teary eyes.

Jungkook took Taehyung's hand. They both flinched as they felt a sudden spark when their hands touched.

"You're not useless. Don't say that. Kihyun is an asshole for rejecting you because of your mark." Jungkook said softly.

"What about you? Let's say I'm your mate, will you accept me?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook with hopeful eyes, only to feel dejected at his next words.

"I can't be your mate. My wolf is dormant. I can't satisfy your omega. Your omega will need an alpha. I'm sorry. I should go now." Jungkook got up and walked out of the omega's house.

Taehyung's hazel orbs switched to purple as they followed Jungkook's retreating figure. 'Wrong answer, my alpha. I didn't come down here and disobeyed Selene only for some omega to snatch my lover from me. You're always mine, then and now. Besides, the next head alpha will need a luna, right? And coincidentally I am Luna, your soon-to-be luna.'

'