Chapter 4🪷

Yearly, it has become a tradition of the Obsidian Pack to prepare an extravagant celebration of the New Year to give thanks for the bountiful previous year. The whole pack is busy for the upcoming event. Most pack members are busy decorating their houses with flowers and beautiful trinkets.

Taehyung is outside their house placing potpourri at the entrance and along the windows. He chose to use dried flowers because they last and smell longer than fresh ones.

Kihyun and his two alpha friends are seated on a bench under a huge oak tree across Taehyung's house. They just finished their daily training and decided to rest under the shade of the majestic tree. "I heard it's omega Taehyung's 18th birthday tomorrow and he will finally recognize his mate." Alpha Sukjae shared.

"Poor him, I bet whoever his mate is will instantly reject him. Who would want to mate an omega who's barren? Despite that, he's very pretty and smells delicious too. If I'm his mate, I will taste him first before I reject his sorry ass." Minwoo smirked as he threw Taehyung a lecherous gaze.

Kihyun turns his attention on the omega who is busy decorating the windows of their house. His friends are right, Taehyung is indeed very pretty and his scent is also sweet and very alluring. He would have been a perfect omega, a perfect mate if not for the cursed mark on his arm. "Well, that's what he is-a good fuck." And they guffawed at Kihyun's words.

Jungkook overheard their conversation. He felt disgusted. These alphas including his brother think omegas are playthings. He couldn't help himself but scoff. "Aren't you ashamed of yourselves especially you Kihyun? You're the head alpha's son, you should set a good example to our pack mates. And you-" Jungkook pointed his hand at Minwoo and Sukjae. "You're from highly respected clans, yet you trash talk Taehyung."

The three alphas are surprised with Jungkook's sudden intrusion

Kihyun narrows his eyes at Jungkook. He sneers at him. "Oh, look who's defending that freak omega? Of course, it's another freak. I thought it's Yunhee that you like, huh? You've been following her like a desperate mutt. Guess, you're settling for that useless omega because you knew that Yunhee is beyond your reach." Kihyun moves closer and whispers to his ears. "Let me tell you something, when I succeed father and become the head alpha, the first thing I'll do is put up a quarter for my omega whores and I'll make sure that cursed omega you're defending now will be one of them. I might even let my friends use him for pleasure."

Jungkook's eyes darken, his blood boils as he shoves Kihyun. Kihyun being an alpha just stumbles a little. He smirks at Jungkook. "Oh, is that all you got?!" He punched Jungkook on his jaw. Jungkook falls on his back at the impact. Kihyun is not done as he repeatedly kicks Jungkook on his stomach. The latter groans in pain. Kihyun and his friends give him a mocking laugh before they leave him. Jungkook for the first time blames his wolf for being dormant. What's the use of having a wolf when it's sleeping and can't protect its human from being beaten and humiliated. He clenches his fist as he holds back his tears.