Chapter 14: The Flirty Side of The Alpha

"Surprise!!"

Yoongi jolted back, dropping the poetry book he had been reading from the pack Luna's collection. His heart raced as he looked up to see Taehyung standing there with the biggest smile he had ever seen pasted on his face.

"Oh my god" Yoongi screamed, clutching his chest. He gave a death glare to the alpha. "Don't scare me like that, Alpha!! I could have had a heart attack!"

Taehyung quickly grabbed Yoongi's hands and kissed them gently. "Thanks for calling me your Alpha!" he said, his smile growing even bigger.

"I called you an Alpha...not my Alpha!!"Yoongi corrected, still catching his breath.

Taehyung's eyes twinkled with amusement. "Close enough for now!!"he teased, pulling Yoongi into a hug before extending his hands to show the paper bag in his hands

"Here! Your brother told me you liked citrus flavors, so I brought you these mini orange cakes. Try it!! it's from a bakery I know." Taehyung held out a bag

"Brother?" Yoongi frowned and looked at Taehyung,puzzled.

Taheyung shrugged nonchalantly "Jungkook!" He clarified.

Yoongi huffed and rolled his eyes, he knew Taheyung was making use ofbthe alone time and attempting to flirt with him "He is not my brother! He is my Alpha!" he said, snatching the bag from Taehyung.

"Who are you kidding, Yoongi?" Taehyung chuckled.

Yoongi's face lit up as he smelled the delicious aroma of the cakes, but he quickly tried to hide his delight behind a frown.

"Okay, okay! Sorry. Eat it! We can argue later!!"Taehyung said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

Yoongi sighed, but he couldn't resist any longer. He took out one of the decadent cakes and bit into it, letting out a sound of pleasure as the sweet and sour taste of the orange filled his taste buds. "Mmm... it's so good... I didn't know the oranges from the north were this good," he said, taking another bite.

Taehyung smiled, feeling warmth spread through him at seeing Yoongi happy. He could feel Yoongi's jasmine scent turning sweeter. His alpha felt pleased inside, knowing he was the reason for it. "Good!" he said, sitting down on the chair across from Yoongi and glancing at the book he was reading.

Yoongi wiped his mouth and watched the alpha calmly going through the pages of the book. "Hmm... why aren't you at work?" he asked as he settled down on the opposite side of the chair.

Taehyung smiled, leaning back. "I took a long lunch break. Thought about you since I know you are alone. Jimin is at the studio, Jin hyung is stuck at the hospital..." He smirked.

"And Jungkook is away!!" Yoongi finished, rolling his eyes at the mischievous smirk on Taehyung's face. He knew the alpha was just trying to take advantage of his time alone to try to court him. But he was pleasantly surprised by the complete change of demeanor in the alpha. During previous encounters, Taehyung had appeared either angry, sad, or stressed. Now he looked more relaxed, happy and playful.

Yoongi knew it was probably because of the freedom they had now, being alone in the mansion. Even though he knew it was wrong to be in close quarters with Taehyung without Jungkook around, Yoongi's omegacouldn't help but feel happy to see Taehyung in his cheerful state. He loved how Taehyung's scent was much more relaxed and calm, which was making him happy too.

"Did you like the flowers?" Taehyung asked, pulling Yoongi out of his thoughts as he sat there .

Yoongi coughed suddenly, the memory of carefully placing those flowers on his bedroom table flooding back to him. "No!" he replied, but the slight blush creeping up his neck gave him away. He looked down, hoping Taehyung wouldn't notice the pink tint spreading across his cheeks.