Chapter 4

Once they arrive they take the carriages to the castle. Everyone is in the great hall listening to the Chor standing in front of the professors table as Flitwick leads them. They finish and go back to their tables. Dumbledore goes to his owl lecturn.
Dumbledore: Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor.
He points to Remus who stands and bows to the students who clap. Hermione leans forward and looks at Sereia.
Hermione: Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Sereia.
On the Slytherin table beside the Gryffindor table, Draco turns to Sereia.
Draco: Potter. Potter.
Sereia and Ron and Hermione turn to him.
Draco: Is it true you fainted?
Theodore Nott pretends to faint.
Draco: I mean, you actually fainted?

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!" Draco winces and looks down. "Now, now, Cissa-" "Be quiet, Lucius" Lucius pales at the glare from his wife. Narcissa looks at Draco again. "Apologise!" He looks up confused. "What?" "Apologise!" "There's no need for that Cissy" "Yes there is Sereia!" says Narcissa while glaring at Draco. Draco looks at Sereia. "I-I'm s-sorry for laughing." She nods.

Draco and his friends laugh. Daphne and Astoria who sit with them look at her worried while keeping their pure-blood masks on.
Ron: Shove off, Malfoy.
He turns Sereia away.
Sereia: How did he find out?
Hermione shakes her head.
Hermione: Just forget it.
They turn back to Dumbledore.
Dumbledore: Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by non other than our own Rubeus Hagrid.
He points to Hagrid. Everyone claps and many cheer. McGonagall nudges him and he stands up, knocking the table forward a little. The goblets fall.
Dumbledore: Finally, on a more disquieting note...
McGonagall nudges Hagrid again and he sits down.
Dumbledore: ...at the request of the Ministry of Magic..Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban...
The students begin to whisper.
Dumbledore: ...until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disturb our day-to-day activities...a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving.
Many gulp. Dumbledore lifts his fingers.
Dumbledore: But you know, happiness can be found...even in the darkest of times...
He waves his hand over a candle and the flame gets out.
Dumbledore: ...of one only remembers to turn on the light.
He waves his hand over the candle again and the flame appears.
After the feast they go to their common rooms. Seamus runs up the stairs to the portrait.
Seamus: •Fortuna Major•
The fat lady lifts her hand and mentions for him to wait. She makes high notes, holding a glass in her right hand. Seamus turns to the other Gryffindors who come up behind him.
Seamus: Here, listen. She just won't let me in.
He leans against the staircase railing.
Sereia: •Fortuna Major•
The fat lady lifts her hand again.
Fat lady: No, no. Wait, wait. Watch this.
She points to the glass. She marked high notes before she begins to scream. They hold their ears. She hits the glass again the wall and it breaks. She grasps.
Fat Lady: Amazing. With just my voice.