Chapter 6

In the evening a ghost man on his horse crash threw the widow in front of the great hall. He rides into the hall. Another man crashes through the window with his horse and follows him.
Pansy: Does it hurt terribly, Draco?
They look at his wrapped arm.
Draco: It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I couldn't e lost my arm. I can't do homework for weeks.

Pomfrey stutters in shock. "I did not say that." Draco blushes as everyone turns to him.

From the Gryffindor table Sereia, Hermione and Ron watch them in disbelief.
Ron: Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?
Sereia: At least Hagrid didn't get fired.
Hermione: Yeah, but I hear Draco's father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this.
Seamus runs to the Gryffindor group next to them with the daily prophet. He slams it on the table.
Seamus: He's been sighted! He's been sighted!
Ron: Who?
Seamus: Sirius Black!
Ron and Sereia quickly get up and go to them, and lean over their shoulders. Hermione slides closer to Bem.
Hermione: Dufftown? That's not far from here.
Neville: You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?
He looks between the others.
Boy: With dementors at every entrance?
Seamus: Dementors? He slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?
Bem: That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke...Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.
Sereia watches Sirius screaming in the picture as two man hold him back. It zooms to his eyes.
Outside of Hogwarts the grass freezes as a Dementor flies past.
In the Defence Against the Dark Magic classroom the students look at a wardrobe as it rattles. The tables stand to the sides.
Remus: Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess...as to what is inside?
Dean: That's a boggart, that is.
Remus: Very Good, Mr. Thomas.
The wardrobe rattles again. They jump and look at it nervously.
Remus: Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?
Hermione: No one knows.
They look at her as she suddenly stands next to Ron. Ron turns to her shocked. He looks at Sereia.

They turn to her suspiciously.

Ron: When did she get here.
Hermione: Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever the particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so-
Remus: So terrifying, yes, yes, yes...
He walks to the wardrobe and it rattles.
Remus: Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart.
He stands in front of it and turns to the class. It rattles again.
Remus: Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. •Riddikulus!•
Class: •Riddikulus!•
Remus: Very good.
They jump and lean back as the wardrobe rattles again.
Remus: A little louder and very clear. Listen: •Riddikulus!•
Class: •Riddikulus!•
Draco: This class is ridiculous.
Crabbe nods.

Many roll their eyes.

Remus: Very good. Well, so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain.
He looks to Neville.
Remus: Ah, Neville, would you join me please?
Neville looks around scared.
Remus: Come on, don't be shy. Come on.
He slowly walks forward.
Remus: Come on.
He stops in front of Remus.
Remus: Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?
He mumbles something.
Remus: Sorry?
Neville: Professor Snape.