Chapter 37: A Talk With Tony

(Three days later)

(Berlin, Germany)

Y/N's P.O.V

So the past few days have been insane.

The UN got bombed and the King of Wakanda was killed.

It's believed that Bucky Barnes a.k.a the Winter Soldier blew up the UN.

Apparently Steve and Sam tried to bring him in, but they got arrested.

I'm now in Berlin as Tony asked me to come here.

I walk into the main room and see that Cap and Sam are sitting in an office.

Stark comes over to me.

Tony: Ah, there they are.

Y/N: Alright, Tony, what's going on?

Tony: I just wanna talk?

I see Cap and Sam in an office.

Y/N: Why'd you arrest them?

Tony: We didn't, besides that office is better than a prison cell. Y/N, can we talk please?

I sigh.

Y/N: Sure.

Tony walks off and I follow him.

We go into an office and he closes the door behind, then he goes over to the desk.

Y/N: Okay Tony, what's this about?

He pulls a document out of the desk and brings it over to the table along with a pen.

I go over to the table and see that the document is the Sokovia Accords document.

Y/N: Damn it.

Tony: Y/N, please sign this.

Y/N: Tony...

Tony: Look, I know you don't like. Okay, I get it. But I need you to sign it.

I sigh.

Y/N: Who else has signed it?

Tony: Myself, Rhodey, Natasha and Vision.

Y/N: What about Wanda?

Tony: Not yet, she's still undecided.

I grab the pen off the table.

Y/N: Tony, I wish we could be on the same side when it comes to the Accords. I really do, but I can't sign. I can't sign when I know in my heart it's wrong.

Tony: Y/N, I want you with me on this, I need you with me on this. What do you think your father would want you to do? I mean he was a cop and an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D Agent. Don't you think he'd want to be on the right side of this?

Y/N: Maybe you're right. Maybe my dad would want me to sign. But my dad always used to say that doing what you think is right thing is more important than the law. So I can't sign when I know in my heart that it's wrong. I can't let myself become the government's weapon.

I sigh.

Y/N: Tony, if we do this... it's not gonna end well for any of us.

I put the pen back on the table.

Y/N: I can't. I'm sorry, Tony. I hope you can understand.

After that I walk out of the room.

(Fifteen minutes later)

Right now I'm in the office with Steve and Sam. Sharon Carter is also here.

Steve says she's Peggy Carter's niece.