VIII

"Swinging your sword late at night, eh?" Alver teases the redhead knight. He was sipping tea on his terrace when he heard someone's sword make the air cry. "Cale's windows are beside mine; you can do it there.

Felix blushed hard.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty."

Alver stood up and jumped from the terrace. He held the teapot and tea perfectly in his hands. He sat by the bench and said, "Go on."

Felix was not expecting this. He knew the Prime Minister of Rowoon Kingdom enjoys doing the most absurd things, but the Emperor? Himself?

"I guess I understand how Your Majesty and His Grace became best friends." He laughs, eliciting a large frown from him.

He can not deny that part, though.

"Believe me, we are anything but best friends," Alver responded. "So? What do you like about that blasted dongsaeng of mine?" he asked, smirking as he sipped his tea.

Felix chuckled but then remained silent. Alver did not press the question further.

"Cale... hm? He's always been quiet interesting in everything. He's a very trustworthy person as well."

Felix looked at him and said, "Your Majesty puts a lot of trust in his Grace."

"Of course. Without him, I would not be who I am today." Alver smiles and leans against the bench. "I would not be an emperor capable of ruling over everyone if it were not for him."

He accepted that Cale had made him king, helped him become what he desired, and obtained the power to make Rowoon a peaceful place where everyone could live equally. Cale could have easily become the leader of a great nation; he possessed the means, influence, and power to do so, but he did not try—nor wanted to.

"He wanted to stop fighting and live in peace."

"Why are you telling me this, Your Majesty?" Felix eventually paused, swinging his sword.

"This is a warning," Alver said with authority and power he would never use on anyone before. He spoke with resolve, refusing to let anyone hurt his dongsaeng. "I am aware of your feelings, and everything. Whether Cale opens his heart or not, I fully support him, but if you are going to approach him with interest other than what I expected... or cause him harm..."

He looked at the knight and sternly stated, "I, Alver Crossman, will kill you with my own hands."

Felix turned around and faced him.

"Cale should enjoy everything and anything. He deserves everything in the world."

"For a sworn brother," Felix spoke, feeling the same connection he did, as he was like a brother to Claude, "You're too overprotective, Your Majesty."

Alver stared at the man smiling at him. Felix is accepting whatever he's throwing at him.

"Of course," he replied, "Cale is more than a real family for me."

It's Cale's selfless and vulnerable self that seems too allergic to love, that Alver wants to protect. No matter how delusional Cale could get, he won't let anyone disturb that.

"I will not let you or anyone else threaten the peace that my younger brother worked so hard to achieve, no one."

Alver stood up and jumped back onto the terrace.

"I hope you keep that in mind," he said before retiring to his room to rest. It's nice, brewing more drama like a shitty older brother!

I finally said something useful! I have wanted to try this kind of drama for a long time now!