Her heartbeat-2

[Middle alignment- past]

The sound of the wheels of the car echoed in the lawn, and the boys watched with eagerness in their eyes as the big boy swiftly moved his fingers over the remote control. He had an exciting glint to his eyes, his neat hair cut allowed very little of hair to fall on his forehead.

"Wah Shehreyar Bhai! Aap kitna acha chalate ho!" Shahid cheered as he stood by his cousin, watching him mesmerized. Shehreyar chuckled softly, increasing the speed of the car and flipping it over so that the wheels turn up and the car resemble a robot.

The boys gasped at the sudden transformation but no one was complaining.

"WOWW" a chorus rang under the schroching heat of the sun. Shehreyar wiped his forehead, removing the sweat off. Adrenaline pumped through him as he recieved the numerous appreciations his way, making a proud smile coming in his lips.

"mujhe bhi chalane dein na Bhai, please" Shahid pleaded, clutching his shirt on the forearm.

"mujhe bhi!" Asad jumped beside him, totally going crazy at the sight of the car.

"mujhe bhi!" Faisal gripped his other arm and tugged at his hand.

"arey arey! sab ko mauqa milega!" Shehreyar was suddenly caught between the three kids as they fought over whose turn would be first.

"mai purey 12 saal ka hogaya hu! or sab se bada hu! toh mai pehle chalaunga" Shahid declared and proceeded to take the remote control.

"jhoot mat bol. sabse bada Mai hu,12 saal " Faisal narrowed his eyes.

"Mai sabse chota or akhalmand hu! toh mai chalaunga" Asad murmured to himself and glanced at Shehreyar who watched him amused. Faisal and Shahid were in a glaring fit while the younger guy took away the remote control.

A 14-year-old Shehreyar shook his head at his little cousins. It was refreshing, seeing them after a long time. It was his winter vacations and he visited India for a month to spend time with his family.

Shehreyar was always excited to meet them all. Even when his mother wasn't really found of his paternal side, he loved them. There with everyone around, he felt himself. He was loved, cared, and appreciated everyday. And that special treatment for the foreign boy? oh he throughly enjoyed.

He was the only child. and hence seeing his little cousins treat him like a brother would make him very happy that he would look forward to come back the entire year.

He never felt alone with them.

"Apko mama bularahi hai" A girl around 8 years peeked from the curtain, holding a pencil in her hand, called him out.

Shehreyar looked up to see Barira smiling at him softly. His heart skipped a beat at her sight. Enchanting she was.

Just at the tender age of 8, Barira turned heads like no other. She was an extremely well mannered child, brought up values and sweetness. Her bright brown eyes shone under the gleaming sunlight making them look like flickers of gold. With her rosy cheeks and the soft curls on her head, she resembled like a doll crafted with extreme talent.