Chapter 56

It's double updates today! Chapter 56 and 57. So I leave this in case if you didn't get the notification for the other.

______________________________________________

Silent gloomy trees loomed around, dipping the glades in a slight darkness. A gentle drizzle descended down the dark clouds of the gloomy morning sky. Li Yan pulled the reins and the black steed reared, pausing in it's tracks obediently. Li Yan got off the steed and walked forth a several steps. 

"You've been following Zhen for three miles long." He spoke in a grim voice. "What are your intentions?"

Nothing stirred around for a while. Then suddenly from behind a tree, out appeared the handsome general of Li Yang. The sheathed sword was still clenched in his left hand. His face was frosty cold. "Your Majesty..." He spoke indifferently.

Li Yan looked at him, rolling his eyes. "Shendu? What do you mean by this?"

"..." Shendu did not speak. He simply stared at Li Yan. His sharp eyes preened over Li Yan's body. "You've injured your cultivation." He said expressionlessly.

"None of your matters!" Li Yan turned to go. But suddenly Shendu shoved his sword forth, boldly barring Li Yan's way.

Li Yan's eyes darkened. They flashed in a dangerous light. He looked at the sheathed sword barring his way with eyes full of murderous intent. "Grand Martial Shen, what do you mean?"

Shendu did not look frightened in the least by his bold actions. "Fight me!" He said in a resolute voice.

"..." Li Yan rolled his eyes. "Are you rebelling?"

Shendu still looked calm and restrained. "No Your Majesty, it was such a long time since we sparred last."

Li Yan smirked derisively. "No matter how many times you spar with me, Shendu, the result will be still the same. I win and you loose." He shove away the sword in his way with his strong arm. "Don't trouble Zhen, Zhen had something important to do."

But suddenly Shendu raised his leg and kicked Li Yan in the bowels. Though he did not trigger his terrifying martial spiritual energy, still the kick wasn't light. 

Li Yan did not expect this move even in his dreams. He was thrown a several steps back. He spat out blood. It was because he hadn't recovered his cultivation fully since the day he unexpectedly had to help Zhanhua. His eyes were suddenly red. He was breathing hard. He raised his face to Shendu. "You really dare!"

Shendu passed his fingers across the sheath of his sword unconcernedly. "As I said before, big brother, it's a long time thence we met last. Things might have already changed a lot, don't you think so? And how would you know if you don't try?"

"You should try it on your enemies!" Li Yan said in an angry voice. "And I'm not your enemy. I'm your Master!"

Shendu did not say anything. He was really a man of few words. He simply dropped the sword and attacked Li Yan with his arms. "I said, fight me!"

Li Yan couldn't take it anymore. He was angered so he triggered what little was left as his internal force and attacked Shendu with his palm. But he did not know whether it was intentional or not. Shendu shoved his palm towards him too.

Thus, their palms met and banged against each other. There was a sudden flash of silver and golden spiritual lights, drowning the entire glade in a wavy spiral of terrifying spiritual energy and the dry leaf clad earth around the radius of fifty meters were instantly cleared out in it's power. Several trees felled down with a deafening din as waves and waves of molten energy left the pair of connected hands.