Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Addison's POV

I couldn't act where I was. I sense the impending danger. I don't know if it's for me or for other people again.

"Addison?"

I jumped in shock when I heard a call at the door. But that tone was not the normal calling, it seemed to be a whispering call. I just held my breath when I heard knocking on my door one after another.

Addison!!!

I stopped at the voice I heard. There was no doubt that Luna was calling me. And with her voice, I can feel the urgency. I immediately walked to the door and opened it without hesitation. I wanted to ask him why he called but my eyes were focused on what I could see behind him. Students are running, students with some blood on their clothes.

"Don't ask! Just run!"

I wanted to ask what was going on, but I chose to keep my mouth shut and watch them both running in the direction where the students were running.

"Pssst. Pssst"

I turned around when I heard a whistle and I was shocked when suddenly something was heading in our direction. I immediately got away and even though we were running, I caught a glimpse of the thing that attacked us. An arrow, an arrow similar to the one I saw earlier from the window. It seems that everything that happened earlier is connected and I want to ask that everything in my mind is out of time. I just stumbled along with the students who ran more panicked because of the flying arrows.

When I noticed where we were going, I immediately shook my head. Wrong! It was wrong for us to gather inside the gymnasium. Almost all the students including the Professors gathered here. I don't know why they came here immediately and even more I don't know why I don't see Officials and security at this school. What kind of system is there, this is unbelievable.

"There's no official here in the school every first week of school. We believe that our Headmaster and officials are together with the owner of this school. What we don't know is what they are talking about. And securities here maybe were all dead since it looks like we got in again."

I looked at Amara when she spoke while she watched the other students near where we were standing. So that's what happens here in every first week of school. I didn't pay attention to their Headmaster's system that he was talking about because what caught my attention was the fact that they were admitted again. Criminal's maybe? I don't know.

"I heard Jake and his group are not here"

"I hope Jake comes suddenly"

"We don't have hope, were here just to wait for our death"

"I'm afraid to die"

What we heard from other students near here did not go beyond our ears. Mostly girls here are now crying and some of them are all just quiet. I didn't pay any more attention to their lines, but I heard a name that was always on their lips.

Jake? I think I heard that name before.

"Students"

We all looked at the speaker. A Professor, but he couldn't continue what he was going to say because the microphone he was holding spontaneously fell and he was running down the stairs again when a gunshot rang out from backstage.

From there some men came out holding other weapons. Some of them seemed to me to be old while others looked like we were the same age. Especially the last guy to come out backstage, he also has this authority and his movements have this sharpness. Things one would notice first in someone who excels in combat.

One of his staff picked up the dropped microphone and handed it to him. I saw his lips curved into that silly smile.

"Hi Empire University"

A few students near me including Luna were stunned. It's because he also has a bit of coldness in his voice. But I knew people like him. I'm used to it.

"I heard Jake is not here? Poor Empire University"

Oh please. What's with that Jake name and I've been hearing that for a while. Now, curiosity keeps hitting me really hard now. And I can't let it go.

"Since there was nothing I went to. Why don't we play?

Silence prevailed over all of us. This guy is insane. He seems to have said that he is a child. But in reality, a guy like him has their own version of games. Because even me, I also have my own version, a version that even people I knew doesn't want to play with.

"I guess silence means yes? So let me am fair, what game do you want? I'll give one minute for all of you to answer."

"Your lock starts now!"

Everyone was still silent, no one moved from their positions even some Professors themselves. It looks like we are all statues. I'll admit, I want to burst my questions and all but I don't want to act because this is not what I went to this school for either. But now I can avoid and get out of this situation, if I am also included here as a student.

"Thirty seconds!" suddenly shouted that man who automatically made everyone move.

"How are we?"

"Were doomed"

"How can we survive?"

Everyone started to gather, including Luna and me. Fear can be seen in their every move. I couldn't even avoid looking at the two women next to me. Amara just bowed quietly while Luna was silently shedding tears.

"We're all just waiting for our death."

I raised my eyebrows slightly when he spoke. And I didn't even look at the people around us but I knew everyone's attention was focused on what he said. I could feel the heavy atmosphere around them, especially when I didn't hear a voice from them again. It seems that they have accepted that this is all they are going to do. How pitiful!

"Time's up"

"Empire University, what do you want to play?"

I saw how his face got frustrated, probably because no one answered his question. I also noticed that he briefly glanced at one of his men who were holding a gun. And from that glance, I saw the focus of their gun. Sht.

I immediately raised my hand and the man looked at me and his staff stopped, just right!

"What do we have here? What's your name lady?"

Everyone automatically looked at me. They were almost surprised and their mouths dropped because of me. Oh please! I just saved their asses and yet can I see their scrutinizing eyes?

"Addison." I replied and met his gaze as he approached my position where the students parted and gave him way.

"You're so gorgeous yet you're so stupid too." I saw how his face got shocked when I answered him coldly. But I also saw him recover for a moment and adjust his posture.

"What do you like Addison?" this added promise to me.

"Fight with me. If you win, do what you want. And if I win, all of you will leave us alone."

I could hear the students yelling at me. But the amazement in Luna's eyes did not go beyond my eyes, even at the man I was facing now.

"Silly kid, I never loose except for one. But your wish is my command, so game? He said grinning at me. Well, this is the only idea I have. He was wasting my day which I thought would be my temporary relaxation. So I guessed this is final.

"Game"

Edited