Chapter 10: Twilight of the 'Beast' Sword

We kept walking as the sun began to set, partially obscured by the buildings on the west side of the street. Yes, only 20 minutes left before class started. We quickened our pace to ensure we arrived on time. Finally, we did it, we arrived at Stadbibliothek, and I just needed to go inside. "See you later, take care," I said worriedly, placing both hands on Orion's shoulders. Orion smiled, clenched his right hand into a fist, and placed it on my chest, "Don't worry, friend, I'll be fine." We then parted ways, and I quickly entered the library hall.

I found that there were no other class participants yet, and Xena was talking to Hyperion. When they saw me enter the class, they stopped talking. Just like yesterday, this made me even more curious; there must be something they were hiding. "Ah, good evening, Hector. How are you, did you rest well? Don't forget to come at 7:30 PM tonight, I'll be waiting for you," said Hyperion, waving goodbye. I nodded and took a seat.

"Excuse me, Professor Xena, what were you two discussing with Hyperion last night? I asked Hyperion and Sir Gunter, but they refused to tell me. I know it has something to do with me, right?" I bravely asked Professor Xena. "Hmm... let's see," said Xena, placing her index finger on her lips, "if they didn't tell you, then it's a secret. You'll find out soon enough. And just call me Xena, except during class."

Ah, Xena only made me more curious; no one wanted to tell me what was going on. Gradually, other class participants filled the room, and the class began. Xena explained many things about the history of knights and ancient warriors, briefly explained military structures, and also taught some classical literature. But it wasn't too difficult for me, because most of what Xena explained that day, I had already read in Orion's super-complete notes. Even when Xena asked questions, I could answer them confidently. Yes, for things like this, it had always been my expertise.

Finally, the class was over. I quickly said goodbye and left the library, running back to the barracks. Several times I almost got lost, but I remembered Orion's advice, paid attention to the navigation markers on my gear, and eventually made it back to the barracks. When I entered the room, Orion was already there. He looked a bit sad and was looking down. But when he saw me, he immediately smiled and welcomed me, "Welcome back, pal. How was your lesson earlier? Was it enjoyable?" I nodded and quickly asked, "How are you feeling? Better? Is there anything bothering you? You seemed a bit off when I entered the room." As usual, Orion shook his head and said, "Ah no, I'm just a bit tired. Come on, let's not delay any longer, let's go eat first, so you can arrive at the training field on time tonight."

I knew something was wrong that Orion was hiding, but I was reluctant to push him to tell me. We quickly went down and got our food. Thankfully, Hyperion wasn't in the dining hall, and we could enjoy our meal more freely.

We hurriedly finished our dinner and returned to the room, then I relaxed for a while on the bed. "Hey, Orion, if there's anything bothering you, never keep it to yourself. Whenever it is, tell me, I'll always be there for you," I emphasized. Orion was stunned for a moment, then smiled and shook his head, "Alright, I understand, but really, I have no issues. You should take care of yourself. Ah, you should rest for a bit, I'll call you later. You don't want to be exhausted." "Thank you, friend," I replied and then fell asleep.

***

"Wake up, Hector, you need to get ready, it's almost 19:20, come on, wake up," whispered Orion as he shook me. "Ah yes, it seems I slept quite soundly, sorry, thank you for waking me up," I said, yawning and rubbing my eyes. I quickly got up from the bed and put on my armor. "I'm off now, take care of yourself, notify me immediately if anything happens to you," I said before leaving the room. "Alright, Monsieur Hector, take care as well," replied Orion, half-jokingly.