Chapter 85- Entertaining

Alastors POV:

Y/n was quieter than usual, I'm guessing because of the realization of Josephine's connection to Evelyn.

I tend not to dwell on the past. It happened and there's nothing I can do about it.

Although, I should comfort her...

~small time skip~

We safely arrived home, it took us longer since the path to my house was covered in a thin layer of ice and snow. The woodland surrounding us made it difficult to navigate and I almost got lost a few times. Everything looks different when it's dark and frosty, it makes me feel uneasy for some reason...

As I parked and got out y/n gasped. "Wait, where is it? Alastor where's the little red box I had?!" Y/n panicked, frantically looking inside my car.

"Let me quickly take the bags in chère, I'll be right back." I smiled but she looked distressed.

I wonder what she has got me...

I carried the Hefty amount of clothes I bought for nifty to the front of my house and knocked my foot on the door, I couldn't use my hands since they were holding the weight of multiple bags.

Tap tap tap

I heard scattering footsteps approaching speedily. "Ooooo what did ya get! I tidied up all the rotten mess and killed a few families!" Nifty hopped around me, bursting with energy.

"Families?" I looked down at nifty a bit puzzled but entertained by the energy she possessed.

"Yeah! Did you know spinal fluid tastes like batteries and bananas?" She creepily smiled up at me.

She's crazy...I love it.

"Yes I did actually, the taste isn't that good. Now be a dear and help me with these." I gave her a few lighter bags, she peered inside them excitedly.

As I stepped inside every cobweb, every crack in the floorboards, every single speck of dust was gone.

"The house looks-"

"Did I do a good job Alasto- I mean Mr Hartfelt?" Nifty interrupted.

"You did a fantastic job! In fact, while I was out today I bought you all sorts. Every single bag I bought in is for you dear, and please call me Alastor."

"Okay! Thank you Alastor!" She skipped away, hastily taking each bag up to her room.

"Y/n, are you coming in? It's getting cold." I called out to y/n, she was desperately still searching in my car.

"I can't find the gift I got yo- found it!" She exclaimed and slammed the car door, my eye twitched at the loud sound.

I've told you so so so many times to not slam the car doors, you will break it.

"Do not slam the doors. Please." I bluntly told y/n as she walked in, locking the front for behind her.

"Oh yeah, sorry." She chuckled without a care.

"Y/n..." I sighed.

"Yeah~"

"...Why did I see you dump a body in the trash today?"

"Oh, do we have to talk about this now? He deserved it and that's all." She dismissed my question.

"So you're a vigilante now?" I bitterly spoke and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't be silly, of course not! I tried not to but he made it very hard. Surely you would do the same. It-"

"No. I wouldn't. We have a second chance and I don't want to ruin it. You are very careless and sloppy. Think before you act. If my shadow wasn't there, what would you have done with the body? It was in pure daylight too! Have you lost your mind?!" I interrupted.