Chapter 86- Potato

~time skip to Christmas Day~

Alastors POV:

Working at the radio station for the past days was electrifying, I found out where Tommy lives by chatting with my co-workers. He took home some of the women who worked at the station, I asked if it was forced but they told that they willingly went. I had a gut feeling that he persuaded or threatened them...

Soon Tommy will be in my basement...begging and screaming for my mercy as I peel his skin off slowly...which will be like music to my ears.

I woke up earlier than usual today, I wanted to make y/n and nifty their favorite breakfast since today was the fat old man with a beard holiday.

It always confuses me...it makes no sense?
It's creepy as well...who would want someone sneaking into your house at night?! So weird...

My mother and I didn't celebrate Christmas because we had different beliefs which was Haitian Voodou. But we loved the celebration and idea of it...

~flashback~

"Gooooood Morning, Mother!" I was bouncing up and down, full of energy. I was only 8 years old.

"My little fawn it's 5am in the morning..." My mother sighed, with an amused smile at my excitement.

"I made you something! Here!" I gave her a small box I was hiding behind my back, It was made out of old cardboard I stole from my school. I was still excitedly hopping up and down in-front of her as she sat up. She held up a Marigold flower I dug up for her, unfortunately her bed was now covered in dried up dirt.

"You ripped its roots out, it won't be able to grow but thank you, it's a wonderful gift!" She explained and I looked down sorrowfully that I killed the flower.

"Oh, Alastor..." She giggled. "...I love you so much, come here." My mother patted her lap and hugged me tight, kissing my cheek.

"Mama, stoppp" I laughed, trying to wriggle out of her grasp.

"I made this for you as-well!" I digged around in my pocket and eagerly held out the second gift inches away from her face, it was a small potato with a smiley face I carved into it

"Ooo- What is this?" She asked.

"It's a potato?" I tilted my head, puzzled and concerned at her lack of basic knowledge.

"Oh I know that..." She flicked my head jokingly. "...Guess what I'm making today?"

I gasped, hoping it was what I thought it would be.

"Jambalaya?!"

"Correct! My gift to you is that I will be sharing the recipe with you." She beamed.

"Really?" I looked up at her with pure joy.

~flashback over~

I smiled at the sweet memory, my eyes getting tearful with regret thinking about my Mother and how I disappointed her growing up and changing into who I am today...a murderer and a cannibal.

Sometimes I do wonder how I turned out this way...

Was it the abandonment of my father in my life? I don't think it would be...I've always been different. My fascination with gore and death started at an early age. I remember secretly dissecting bugs, pulling each limb and slowly crushing them but I got annoyed that they didn't scream in pain.

My mind was already sadistic at an early age. I'm not complaining though, life is SO much more fun when you're insane haha.

I suddenly heard quick footsteps tapping down the stairs.

That must be Nifty!

————————————————————
A/N

...Or is it?

Okay I felt bad so I wrote out this small chapter before I went to sleep! Please point out if my tired mind made any mistakes 😭👍

Also, I found pretty art:

.

.

There is definitely no foreshadowing in this beautiful piece of art🫢^