Hansol

Trigger warnings : conditioning, objectification, owning, flashbacks of bullying, injuries, taken hostage and murder.

The week passed by quickly, a sort of monotonous routine taking place, Seungcheol going to work every morning and coming back in the late afternoon, Wonwoo and Mingyu going to University while Hansol stayed at home, cleaning the place before waiting for his masters to come back.

It was endearing to see the youngest's skin turning warm compared to the corpse-like tone, ribs starting to hide in the flesh with the pounds he was earning back, and his dark rings under his eyes slowly but surely disappearing. His appetite seemed to have grown too, and all three of them would watch the youngest actually eat with proud smiles, Seungcheol making sure to add back some in his plate when he felt like the youngest was still hungry but was too worried to ask for more.

Seungcheol had been a bit distant with Hansol, something they all noticed but wouldn't talk about in fear of knowing the truth they might not be ready to hear.

And before they knew it, they were one day away from the week-end.

Seungcheol had just come back from work, way too late for his taste. He knew the two vampires might already be asleep and again wasn't surprised to find Hansol still waiting in the living-room, a bad habit that seemed to cling to his brain desperately, despite all three vampires telling him he didn't have to.

They shared greetings, almost whispers, too quiet in the night to want to break it down. Almost like a sort of... reverence. They didn't say much else, Seungcheol taking a bottle of water, before they both walked up, the youngest following him too pliantly.

Both sat at the edge of the bed, the older busying himself in making the drink, fingers shaking a bit too much, while the younger watched him silently. Seungcheol finally sighed as he put the glass and the vial on the nightstand, shifting himself to face Hansol.

"I need to talk to you about something."

Hansol looked like a void of emotions, he never really saw him share any feelings on his face.

Except confusion and fear.

But now was not the time to think of that, Seungcheol's eyes darted to the side, fingers fidgety, "Vampires have two powers," he started, he might tell everything, right ? Hansol only blinked, "we have our unique power, but some don't have any," he continued, Hansol nodded, Seungcheol swallowed thickly, "when a vampire bites someone, they..." he looked at the younger man, "they can see their past."

Hansol didn't think something like that could be possible, but it did add another question to the pile.

If he had seen his past, why didn't he start treating him like a slave ?

He had every answer on how to treat him like he deserved and yet...

He snapped out when Seungcheol took his hand, staring at it with puckered lips, "Before, vampires used to kill to drink their blood, and we've always been able to see people's past, maybe to not forget ?" He didn't sound sure, grimacing, "Maybe to remember the people we killed had a history not so different from ours."

Hansol nodded, despite how the fact his masters were vampires kept slipping out of his mind.

"Thankfully, we don't kill people anymore, there's a lot of blood bank and hospital that gives us enough to survive," he squeezed his hand gently, looking up at Hansol, "just to say, it's possible Gyu and Wonwoo will react like me, just give them time, alright ?"