From Lower to Upper

Two years ago, Tanjiro and Muichiro unaware that he was a demon, invited Lysandre to their home and that unlucky encounter started the journey they and their siblings embarked on. Tanjiro and Muichiro knew that they would face him soon. But honestly they didn't think it would be two years later. The demon slayers have been Akumu, the strongest and last of the Lower Ranks, and now standing before Tanjiro, Muichiro, and Rengoku is the fierce Upper Rank One. And Rengoku was injured to where if he tried to help, he will only die. Meaning the Sun and Moon trainers are the only ones who can face this monster. And dawn is only an hour away.

Lysandre: It would seem as if both of your auras have changed after two years Kamado and Tokito.

Tanjiro: How did you even get here?!

He asked aggressively.

Lysandre: I was roaming around looking for someone, but then I felt very powerful heat attack. But then I realized, Tanjiro, you're power is equal to the person I once knew. Even you Muichiro but to "him".

Tanjiro: You mean Yoriichi?!

Muichiro: And Michikatsu?!

Lysandre began to seethe in anger even grew a vein on his face hearing his deceased brothers name.

Lysandre: How do you know those names?!

He looked towards the new wreckage of the Muigen Train, and that was when it hit him.

Kurayami: So. you defeated Akumu. I guess he showed what your hearts truly desired. And he used a long memory from the Sengoku Era.

Muichiro: What of it?!

Lysandre: Long ago we knew two men that looks exactly like you judging from your appearances, both of you are their successors. We even saw them like our brothers.

Tanjiro: No. Impossible! We would never be related to you in any possible you traitor!

Lysandre was confused at the accusation.

Lysandre: What the hell are you talking about?

Tanjiro: In my dream, Yoriichi told me how you became a demon out of your free will and murdered the Oyakata forcing your own brother to take the blame and go into exile!

Muichiro: Same what happened my dream! Michikatsu took his brother's side but failed as Yoriichi was exiled! How could you do something like this?! What do you get out of it?!

Lysandre: I despised Yoriichi. He was younger than me, but ever since he formed the battle styles, he always gained more respect and attention even from my older brother Michikatsu. I was very jealous of him. So, one night, me and Michikatsu met Muzan Kibutsuji and he told us that those that unlocked these markings, are doomed for death before reaching the age of twenty-five. So, he offered us to become demon to live on, while my fool of an older brother denied saying that it's not true, I accepted to finally best Yoriichi in anyway possible. But when I finally faced him, he died in the middle of our battle before one of us could perish. The only things that's reminding me of him are those god damn cursed earrings you wear Tanjiro!

Rengoku couldn't believe what the Upper Rank was saying. Why would someone with true power go after the weak.

Lysandre: You, Tanjiro Kamado have become a major thorn in Lord Muzan's plan. The very first demon slayer in hundred of years to see them and live to tell the tale.

Tanjiro and Muichiro keeps a stance against their enemy.

Muichiro: Not so fast! You want to kill him! You battle me as well!