Chapter 39

You looked out of the window. The tinted glass made it difficult to make out anything in detail, but you could tell that two hours had passed since your last failed escape attempt. Below, you noticed the boys who had previously snuck out had returned. Now, a new figure was sneaking out—a figure you recognized.

Inoue gingerly walked out.

You decided it was now or never. Who were you kidding? If you got caught, you would escape again and again. No way these excuses for humans would hold you down.

You pressed your ear to the door. Silence. You smiled to yourself and retrieved the master key from your bra strap, where you had kept it safe. With a faint click, the door opened. You slipped out into the hallway and made your way toward the stairs.

It was completely dark.

You gripped the railing tight, determined not to fall again and create commotion. Quietly, you made your way toward the elevator. Just a few steps between you and your freedom, but something made you halt in your place.

A figure stood there facing the elevator. You tried to make out their hair color, but as you closed in, you recognized them by their body.

Akira stood there, his hands folded, the noise of snoring reaching your ears.

He was sleeping while standing. You sighed in relief.

You looked around the kitchen and picked up an oil can. After spilling the oil in front of him, you pressed the button.

With a ding, the elevator reached the floor. Akira's eyes opened, and you saw those beautiful orbs again. You quickly stepped into the elevator and waited for it to close before he could reach you.

Akira jumped over the spilled oil and reached you. You got out of the elevator and grabbed his hand, flicking him. But he used his leg to trip you.

You fell down with a thud, then quickly kicked him in the groin. You scrambled toward the elevator, and the door closed just in time.

"Oh my fucking god," Akira groaned in pain, rolling over to his side.

He yelled, "Guys, guys!"

Yukio rushed out first followed by subaru and takumi. Akira was still in pain on the ground. Understanding what had happened yukio walked towards Akira.

" Weakling " He spat.

" You piec-

" Not now guys. We are all friends here our fighting can get in the way " Subaru said as he quelled their anger.

" I don't give a fuck about your morals" Akira said as he stood up from the ground. He pressed the elevator button but it did not come up.

" Where the hell is kazuto " He asked Subaru.

Yawning kazuto and hikaru entered the room. Looking at the commotion they understood what had happened.

" Why did you let her run" Kazuto said angrily.

" Like he wanted to. We all know y/n is smart " Hikaru said pushing kazuto away.