31

"It will be ready in about 15 minutes from now."

You took the oven gloves off your hands, placed them on the counter, and walked to the living room where he sat comfortably.

"You better not mess it up," he spoke, his dark hair tied in a ponytail, holding a comic book in his hands. "You made me crave that cake."

"I never mess up anything I bake," you chuckled, sitting on the couch in front of him, a similar book to his next to you.

You were smiling, peaceful, happy, glad, so many emotions that felt odd for you to feel. 

Why did it feel this way again?

Taking the comic into your hands, you were ready to read it and savor the remains of your joyful day that you were weirdly unable to recall how it started. But your smile slowly faded as you opened the pages of the comic to take a look. 

To your horror, all of the pages were filled with bloody red. 

There were no pictures.
There were no drawings.
There were no dialogues.

Just red coating the pages in a coat of gore, the color so intense that you could feel it dripping onto your thighs, thick and warm. 

"Y/n?" Baji called, making you look away from the book and towards him. "Are you okay?"

Your eyes were still wide open, stunned and confused by what you had seen. Despite its horrifying image just a few seconds ago, when you looked back at it now, the book seemed normal, just your typical black-and-white comic. 

You were baffled by the change, unsure of what to believe at this point. You slowly turned to look back at Baji, not finding the right words to explain any of it. 

Then it hit you...

You looked around the house, your eyes scanning the environment and taking in everything one at a time. Everything looked in place, clean and organized, as the sunlight filtered in through the windows and cast warm rays over you. 

You looked at Baji, well and calm, yet somehow concerned by your sudden panic. "I can see everything..."

"Yes, that's how eyes work," the boy shrugged, his tone slightly mocking.

"No, you don't understand," you threw the book on the couch, standing up, your head turning in every direction. "I can see everything!"

Baji's eyebrows knitted. Confused, he looked back down at his book, sneaking peeks at you. "Right..."

You walked to the nearby window, placing your hand on its wooden trim, your breath sharp all of a sudden, voice quiet. "I can feel the wood beneath my fingers..."

It was so light outside, enough for you to not spot a thing and cover your eyes. Your fists moved to the glass of the window, knocking on it. "I can hear the sound of my hands tapping the glass."

"Okay?" The guy turned completely to you, visibly annoyed by this odd tantrum you were throwing.

"I can smell lemon cake from the kitchen right now!" You said, pointing at the room you left earlier, sounding frustrated.

"So why are you upset?!"

Your arm dropped and your eyes turned watery as you looked at his face, overwhelmed by this realization you hated yourself for having. You mumbled, your voice soft and filled with sorrow as you came to terms with the reality of the situation.