Chapter Ten; down by the billabong

spolier alert** warning this is a slightly gory chapter- if you don't like slightly gory descriptions please skim over or skip. - but remember it's only a few  sentences

also the picture in the sidebar is an imperfect replica. to see the real picture in all the beauty and perfection check out this link 

http://browse.deviantart.com/digitalart/?q=girl%20gun&order=9&offset=168#/d3cgk4w

 although jodi uses a gun not a sword and my ofriginal Vampyres look nothing like this - the person is almost perfect, exactly as i imagined her. even the hair's perfect now since she cut her hair.

Chapter ten; down by the billabong

                “I swear, Jo, after all that time staring out the window and seeing nothing but sand and thin, spiny plants, you won’t believe how good it is to see so much water when we reach this billabong.” Marge grinned through a mouth full of damper. They were sitting around a fireplace eating the bread with billy tea and discussing their journey. After driving for three days the billabong was finally in sight. It was situated almost four hundred metres away beyond a clump of trees in the distance.

“Why is there a billabong in the desert anyways?” said Jodi.

“It’s not really a billabong. It’s actually an oasis, but we call it a billabong anyways.” Damien responded.

“And it’s absolutely gorgeous this time of year.” Marge added.

It was almost evening and the desert was becoming dark and cool. It was quiet for a while and Jodi stared into the fire for a long time, watching the sparks fly from the flame, rising up as high as it could go, before its bright light died and it fell to the ground to lie black and small in the sand. Damien watched her as he watched the flames, watching the light of the fire gleam on her skin and brighten her eyes. He looked away for a moment and his eyes met Marges who was smirking at him. He looked back and furrowed his brows in confusion, and Marge grinned and waggled her eyebrows. Her eyes looked in Jodi’s direction for a moment and return to his, then in Jodi’s direction and again back to him, all the while her smile growing wider. He glared at her, and she rolled her eyes at him.

“What are you guys doing?”

They both jumped at the sound of Jodi’s voice.

“Nuthin’” replied Damien hastily.

“Admiring the scenery” Marge grinned from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat.

Damien glared at her, but she responded by rolling her eyes again. “Oh come on,” she said. “It’s obvious to everyone else.”

“What is?” Damien growled through gritted teeth.

“You two of course!” Marge threw up her hands in exasperation.

“What do you mean?” asked Jodi, who looked genuinely puzzled.

“Nothing,” Damien interrupted. “Absolutely nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing, huh?” Marge retorted. “It’s obviously something. I mean the way you too look at each other, it’s a wonder you guys aren’t ripping off each other’s clothes –“

“Marge!” Jodi interrupted, and to Damien’s surprise, blushed.

“What, I’m just saying –“

“Marge, would you like to go off and scout the billabong for us, please.”

“Oh I see,” Marge nodded and she got up. “wanna be alone, huh? That’s ok, but just see that you don’t get carried away, ok?” she started walking toward the billabong. “it’s not like you’ve got contraception out here it the desert and –“