Extra: List of characters

It wasn’t until I was really far into the story that I realised I had a tonne of useless characters. I had a feeling this would happen when I first listed them in the third chapter, but I thought it would be alright since I had no plans back then to bring in the soldiers at that point (I know right, they belong so much in the story it’s hard to imagined they weren’t supposed to exist). Now I have a really hard time remembering who’s who, and I’m the author so I can’t imagine what you guys are going through. So, this is a list of all the characters in the story, with a brief explanation of who they are, and, if necessary, a brief description for imagery purposes. God knows how many times I wrote Nick instead of Nate and Rick instead of Richard. So please refer back to this list whenever it becomes confusing (I know I will), and let me know if there’s anyone or anything I’ve forgotten. I’ll keep tacking on more as I mention them – there’s probably a few soldiers I’ve never named.

p.s. the ages are from after the two year interval.

List of Characters;

Main Characters:

Jodi Matthews: aka, Jo, Jordan River Matthews. (18 years old)Jodi is the protagonist of this story. She has light cream-brown skin, black hair (long at the beginning of the story, short halfway through), and gray eyes. Her role in the community and the base is to make and repair guns and bullets and she’s famous for her signature, handmade gun which holds exploding bullets (chapter one).

Nate Walker: (21 years old) Nate is the Jack-of-all-trades in the community. He has many roles, but mostly he goes on trips to find more humans around Australia. He has dark brown, slightly red hair, tanned skin and navy blue eyes. He’s attracted to Jodi despite harbouring venomous feeling towards her father. He has a chain around his neck from which hangs a monopoly playing piece of an airplane- symbolic of his past dream of being a pilot.

Damien: (24 year old) Soldier in the army base camp. He is Sheila’s son, and the youngest of all the soldiers. He, like Nate is very much attracted to Jodi. He’s tall, tanned and muscular, with brown hair and light green eyes, in other words, tall, dark and handsome. He was born and raised in a military family and is very proud of being a soldier, although he was too young to join the army when the apocalypse happened, so he is not an official soldier - not that it matters anymore.

Damien has mild claustrophobia, ever since as a child he was locked in an old wooden case in his mother's bedroom. he'd been playing hide-and-seek with his [late - may he rest in peace] brother when sheila had come into the room and locked the case without knowing he'd been in there. it took them the rest of the day to realise he's was in the case, and damien never truly got over it. (awww)

Jake: aka. Jacob Freedom Matthews (13 years old). Jodi’s little brother. Like Jodi he has cream-brown skin, black hair and gray eyes (but they look don’t look the same). Jake has a powerful photographic memory, and so spends his time in the community library, memorising and recording books he has come across before. he was only  year old when the apocalypse happened.     

Characters from the community:

Samuel Kadibal John: the leader of the community. He is an aboriginal elder and uses a cane to walk. He had renovated Uluru into a living space with Alice and invited any humans he can find to live with him.

Alice: aka. Alice Kadibal Sullivan. Samuel’s granddaughter. She’s also of indigenous descent and is married to Richard. She’s a co-leader of the community and is considered a “manager”.

Richard: aka. Richard Sullivan. He’s a strongman – which means he does a lot of hard labour around the community, including farming and helping Kaede with his work. He’s married to Alice.