Chapter 2

Normal POV

A few weeks later with lots of training done (Y/N) thought about asking (D/N) about her face heating up everytime Natsu does something while on the way to Igneel's cave she was worried about what (D/N) would say, like what if (Y/N) had a sickness or something?! They started heading out

(Y/N) POV

"hey mama?"

"what is it sweetie?"

"I think i'm sick..."

"oh no...what does it feel like now?"

"well..." I swallowed in nervousness

"Yeah? tell me..."

"well, when I'm with Natsu when we're there and he smiles or laughs or puts his hand on my shoulder my face starts heating up and I don't know why..."

And Then she starts laughing...

"what's so funny mama?!"

"well,you're in love sweetheart..." she starts giggling

"what is this love you are talking about?"

she went quiet for a second "well,Love is when you want to be with someone for the rest of your life,you want to hug them,and protect them even if it means risking your own life...and i'm very happy it was Natsu you got these feeling for!" she starts smiling really big

my face is warmer than ever before, and my heart starts going faster...is this the love she is talking about?

she interrupts my thoughts "we're here" she lands on the ground and I get off as fast as I could

"Hi Igneel!,where's Natsu?" he looked down at me with a big smile.

"he's over there" he point with his claw over at the giant rock nearby

"Thank you!" I bow and start running over to the giant rock

when I got there,Natsu was punching it like crazy,I watched for a moment before saying i'm right there,actually,this is my chance to show him some moves because of my extra work i'm much more comfortable to show it off now.

"(ELEMENT) DRAGON PUNCH!!" I run over and punch the giant rock,I made a dent!! I'm so proud of myself!!

"oh hey there (Y/N)! your power is so cool!!

my face heats up again. "T-Thank Y-You!"

"what's up with your voice?" oh no he noticed!

"N-Nothing!" then he puts a hand on my forehead making my face heat up more.

"your face is really warm...you sure you're ok?"

"yes,mama said it's normal"

"how is this normal?"

"well she said-" should I really tell him? for some reason I feel like I shouldn't...so I made something up.

"She said that...when you first start learning (Element) DragonSlayer Magic...your face heats up now and then!" wow,that was really smart of me!

"oh,ok then...you wanna fight?"

I freeze,what does he mean by that?! "w-what?"

"y'know,fight to see who's stronger."

"o-oh uhh,I don't think i'm at your level yet...you'd beat pretty easily..."

"that's not true" he got all serious..."never think as yourself as my underling...we are equals and that's that..ok?"

my face is warmer than ever before,I've never felt like this before...he really has some power over me,huh "o-ok but I still don't think I'm ready..."

he grins and chuckles a little "alright if you insist,but only if we can fight at least once someday,I really want to see how strong you get!"

my face heats up at that second comment "ok! it's a deal!"

(D/N) POV

"and that's what (Y/N) told me this morning"

he starts grinning "I like this idea!"

"you do?"

"yeah,I have a feeling they'd do so well together!"

then we both start laughing and look over at them talking,and we see Natsu put a hand to her forehead

"I bet she blushing over there and Natsu thinks she's sick" Igneel says

"I bet she is...how cute!" then I look up at the sky and realize the sun is almost down

"oops! it's time to get going!" I call out for (Y/N) "sweet heart time to go!"

(Y/N) POV

I hear my name and jumped

Natsu gets a sad face "Time for you to go I guess..."

I got sad too "I guess so..." I wanna hug Natsu goodbye at least but i'm kinda worried he wouldn't like it...

but then Natsu interrupts my thoughts with a hug...I'm shocked he doesn't seem the type!

"I'll see you next week..." I hug back tearing up for some reason, it's not like we haven't said goodbye before it's like our 5th time "yeah..." I hug back which he flinched a little,why did he flinch? did I hug to hard? then we let go and he starts walking back with me to mama,when we get there I hug him one more time and climb on mama "Bye Natsu!" I wave goodbye being my normal self again.

"Bye (Y/N)..." he waves back but is still sad,making me sad.

then we take off

"hey mama?"

"yes sweetie?"

"is there a word for my face heating up?"

"it's called blushing sweetie"

"oh,ok"

"you know..."

"huh?"

"you and Natsu make such a cute couple..."

I blushed so badly "m-mom!"

she laughed "only being honest sweetheart,Igneel agrees"

that made me happy inside "really?"

she nods "he said that he's sure Natsu would always protect my little girl..."

I smiled at that,Natsu,protecting me? that'll be the day...

Normal POV

they get back home a while later to train,(Y/N) was kind of distracted though she couldn't get that hug out of her mind,she finally grasped the concept of love,but she wouldn't tell him for a very long time

not even when their dragons disappeared a few years later...

END OF CHAPTER TWO