Chapter Twenty

Abhimanyu's Pov
It's been days since that incident but I yet feel that I lacked somewhere. I now want to protect both of them. Ritu is my responsibility even though she isn't someone more than a friend but it's my duty to protect her as her husband even if only for law. And Alia I would rather die than let her get hurt in anyway. I was waiting for Alia after the school. I'd drop her to her home. She is quite late today.

There she is, she entered the car all happy.
"Abhi, he was arrested. And removed from the job." She said.

That's great Dinesh deserved it.
"You should have seen his face. God it was so satisfying he deserved it all..." She went on talking as if she won a war but that happiness made me get lost in her eyes.

"Abhi?"
"Yes, princess."
"Where are you lost?"
I took her hands in mine and made her look at me.
"The color of my eyes is ocean blue but your eyes is the ocean I'm always ready to dive in." I said and she blushed really hard a smile formed on my face.
"Abhimanyu, you give such good one liners that I'm almost speechless."
"You don't have to say anything Princess your eyes says it all."

"Hmm.. if you really love me so much then, darling can I be your favorite?" She said smirking.
"Yes princess, cause you're my girl and I've taste it." I said getting closer to her and she pushed me away as I chuckled.

She is the one who flirts first but gets really shy when I respond to it.

Someone banged the car window it was Dinesh. I was not going to open it but Alia told me to do so.

"Miss Alia Basu and Mr Abhimanyu Verma. You'll always regret what you did to me." He said angrily.
"I won't ever regret anything. You deserved it." Alia said.
"You little trash." He said coming near Alia the police pulled him and I pulled Alia towards me.
"Don't you try it." I said clearly in a cold tone which could leave people shivering and I knew the effect.
"Huh, you talked about my dirty activities in the office right. Miss Alia Basu you're also a dirty little secret of your professor." He said making my blood boil I was about to punch him but police took him away.

Alia is acting all well now but I could feel her insecurities. I can sense that the words hurt her.

I pulled my car at a side.
"Princess look in my eyes." I said and she did as she was told her emotions were no longer hidden she knew I sensed them.
"You aren't my dirty little secret. You're the first and last to capture my heart. You're the biggest part of my life. You're part of me. You aren't a secret but you're a sacred person whom my heart, mind and soul worships every time." I said and she burst out crying and hugging me.

"I'm sorry Abhi. It's not that I don't trust you. Believe me I've never once doubted your love for me. But sometimes I don't know what? Or why do I get insecurities?" Shd said and I gently put my hand in her hair.

"I know princess. I've insecurities too but you always prove them long. No matter how much insecurities you have I'll be here to clear them until the day you'll no more have them. Even if it means lifetime of explanation and confession. I'd happily tell you that how much you matter to me." I said kissing her forehead.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm grateful. I'm grateful to the God from the bottom of my heart. I love you Abhi." She said hugging me tightly.
"I love you too princess." I said wrapping my hands around her. Suddenly some pages fell from Alia's bag and as I picked them I read a little. It was a story I guess.

"What's this Alia?"
"It's pages of a book I used to write years back." She said keeping them back.
"What's stopping you now then?"
"After the diagnosis of cancer I decided not to complete it because once I get attached to the story and I did not finish it because of some reason then I'd always be restless. I thought if I died without completing it my soul can never be on peace so I slowly tried to loss my attachment towards it and succeed." I couldn't tell how it feels it even think about that. Going into to operation theater with open eyes knowing that you might not come back alive is scary. And the thought of Alia been there is too scary.
"Hey you should complete it. Nothing is going ti happen to you now. You're here fit and fine. You'd a great author in no time."
"Aren't you hyping me?"
"Yes I'm and now we are straight heading to your home where you'll tell me the story, plot and what you've written so far."
"But..."
"No but." I said and drove to her home.

After hearing about her story and reading few chapters I knew my woman was mote good with written words than spoken. The story was amazing and after all the struggles I convinced her to start writing again.

Before going back home Sitara stopped me and said,
"Alia do you tell him?" She said.
What was she going to tell me?
"It's not necessarily be told today." Alia said eyeing Sitara to keep quiet.

"It is necessary." She said.
"Abhimanyu, tell your wife about Alia. If she has no problem then she deserves to know that you're dating her. Try to give her the position she deserves and let your wife know that she is only official. It's necessary maybe Alia..."
"Wait, stop it Sitara. I won't listen to anything further." Alia said taking me out.
"You don't have to take Sitara seriously." She said.
"No Princess she is right. I'd be telling Ritu about you today itself. I promise it's just a bare minimum." I said kissing her good night.

Alia is my everything. I'd do anything for her but I can also sense Ritu's emotions even though I'm not hers she enjoys being my wife. I don't know how she is going to react.

I came home.
"Ritu I have to talk to you." I said and she came to me.
"What's that?"
"Ritu I'm sorry but I'm using the 6...." Ritu collapsed grabbing her chest strongly.
I took her and immediately admitted her to a hospital.

Everything I wanted to say remained unsaid and now I was worrying about Ritu. Her brother will be concerned. I hope she is OK.