Chapter Twenty-One

Ritu's Pov
"I advise the nurses to go out for some minutes." Doctor entered as soon as the nurses went out the doctor said,

"Get up Ritu. I know it and you do know it too. You aren't sick." I got up.
"I'm sorry to trouble you Ansh." I said looking at a 6 feet tall brown man standing on front of me hands folded.

Ansh my college friend and our family doctor. He is a mutual friend of Abhimanyu and me but Abhimanyu is unaware of this.

"Skip the formalities explain why did you asked me to lie about your sickness? Why did you acted to have a heart attack?" He asked me furiously. He was so damn serious which was scary but it's understandable. I have just asked him to go against his ethics.

"Abhimanyu is using the clause 6A." He became shocked took a chair and sat besides me.
"What? Are you sure? How is this possible?"
"He is behaving strangely actually too strange. I had a doubt on him but that turned into a truth when he mentioned the clause earlier today."
"Ritu it's been 6 years of your marriage he never has mentioned about it." Ansh said shocked.
"But in all this years nor once he saw me as someone more than a friend. I've never seen him smiling so heartfuly ever before. When it's her message his mood lightens and he smiles so bright. These girl she came into his life now and had such an effect on him while I've been trying since years. I was jealous. I don't want to let him go and once ge tells me about the girl himself it means the end of our relationship even if it meant nothing. I couldn't think of anything and that's why I did that." I said and Ansh eyed me.

"Ritu is that the solution? I've been telling you for years and I'll say the same again. Abhimanyu isn't yours. You have to let go." Tears started rolling down my cheeks.
"It hurts Ansh it hurts the most. You know everything from the beginning. I've loved Abhimanyu ever since our college. He was a famous student with grades and fame and I was no one. Nobody knew I existed expect few. I liked Abhimanyu started falling for him from afar and always went unnoticed by him no matter how much I try to be noticed. I knew about his mother. I asked Bhai to arrange this marriage. I held on the faith that someday somewhere he will be mine. But no he never became mine. It hurts. It hurts so deeply." I said river of tears flowing down my eyes.
"If I must state the fact, Ritu you forced him to marry you. I always warned you about this. Okay now stop crying please." He said looking at me who was miserably crying by now.
"I think you should tell Abhimanyu about it."
"Noo." I shouted.
"I'll lose him forever Ansh. You know him he won't ever casually dare someone. It's true he has fallen deeply. But I yet believe he'll realize my importance even if he doesn't I wanna stay in his life."
"You have to let go. You are holding it to tight for long you might end up breaking it completely."
"Please don't say that. I need your help Ansh please. Please I beg you help me. Please Ansh." I said pleading as much as I can.
"Okay but I will allow this only for 15 days. Next 15 days you'll figure out the situation and decide what to do?"

I don't really know if I can do that but right now time is important so I agreed.

He went out leaving me all alone in deep thoughts.

Ansh's Pov
I leaned my back against the door of my cabin. Everyone knew me as someone who never leave his ethics behind so why was I doing this now.

I went towards my table and pulled out a hair ribbon staring at it,

"Why Ritu? Why? What kind of magic you have that it's hard for me to remember forgetting? Have you really never noticed that I love you. I tried to deny to vanish the feelings but I can't. Why do you never know?"
"I love a fool who also loves a fool. Abhimanyu never understood Ritu's feelings and she never understood mine. What a play of destiny." I let out a sad chuckle.

                    Abhimanyu's Pov
I can't give a shock to Ritu now but I really wanted to give Alia the title she deserves. She should be called mine at the very least in front of Ritu. I was deep in my thoughts.

I saw Alia here but why is she here? Is she okay? Dammit I'm so worried but I can't really just go after her. Someone has to be with Ritu.

The nurse came out of Ritu's room.

"Mam, I have a really important work if you don’t need me can I go? I'll be real quick." I asked her and she nodded. I followed the way Alia went quickly.

"Alia, what are you doing here everything okay?" I asked worried she was about to answer when Sitara came forward.

"You tell me first have you talked to your wife?"
"No I haven't..."
"When are you going to do it?" She said angrily.
"I can't do that..."
"There you go where is your love now, huh?"
"Sitara please." Alia said from her back.
"You keep quiet. Mr Abhimanyu Verma this girl right here wants to just recognized by your so called wife as your love. She isn't asking about any title which she deserves. She just wants your wife to know so she can be rest assured that she isn't keeping someone in blind. She just wants to die with dignity and not called a dirty secret." Sitara said furiously.
"What do you mean die?" I said.
"Alia..."
"Sitara!" Alia shouted.
Just then a nurse told us to keep quiet and she wanted Alia to go with her.
"Let me say it Alia and you go."
"But Sitara."
"Mam please be fast." The nurse said and after a brief moment of time Alia went with the nurse.

"What's happening? I'm confused."
"Yeah, let me tell you Mr lover boy. Alia has gotten her cancer back and it is possible that this time it can kill her in 6 weeks. She is undergoing a treatment which has 7% success chance."

It left me shocked it's as if someone just shoot me with a gun. How? Why? Not now. Not her...