chapter 10

______
__________
_______________

The day of the wedding arrived, bringing with it a flurry of excitement and nerves. The hotel was abuzz with activity as friends and staff helped prepare for the big event. The small chapel they had chosen was transformed into a stunning venue, adorned with flowers, fairy lights, and elegant decorations that reflected Angel and Husk’s unique personalities.

Angel stood in front of the mirror in his room, adjusting his outfit for what felt like the hundredth time. He wore a sleek white suit with subtle silver embroidery, matching perfectly with his vibrant persona. Nervous energy coursed through him, but he couldn't stop smiling.

Cherri Bomb, acting as his best "woman," walked in and gave a low whistle. "You look absolutely stunning, Angel. Husk is one lucky guy."

Angel turned to her, grinning. "Thanks, Cherri. How's everything looking downstairs?"

"Perfect. Everyone's ready, and the chapel looks amazing. Are you ready to get hitched?"

Angel took a deep breath and nodded. "More than ever."

Meanwhile, in another room, Husk was having his own pre-wedding jitters. He stood in front of the mirror, dressed in a classic black suit with a dark red tie, his usual rough exterior softened by the genuine happiness in his eyes. Alastor, who had taken on the role of Husk's best man, stood beside him, offering last-minute words of encouragement.

"You know," Alastor said with a grin, "for a grumpy cat, you clean up quite nicely."

Husk chuckled, shaking his head. "Thanks, Alastor. I just want everything to go perfectly for Angel."

Alastor placed a reassuring hand on Husk's shoulder. "Trust me, Husk. With the love you two share, it's already perfect."

As the time for the ceremony approached, guests began to fill the chapel, each one eagerly anticipating the union of Angel and Husk. The air was filled with the soft murmur of conversation and the gentle strains of music playing in the background.

Charlie, who had taken on the role of officiant, stood at the altar, her smile radiating warmth and happiness. Vaggie, helping to coordinate everything, ensured that every detail was in place.

Finally, the moment arrived. The music swelled, and the doors of the chapel opened. Angel walked down the aisle, his heart pounding with a mix of nerves and excitement. As he reached the altar, his eyes locked with Husk's, and all his worries melted away.

Husk felt a lump in his throat as he watched Angel approach. The love and joy in Angel's eyes were undeniable, and Husk knew that this was the moment he had been waiting for his entire life.

Charlie began the ceremony with a heartfelt speech about love, commitment, and the importance of finding someone who truly understands and accepts you. She spoke of the unique bond that Angel and Husk shared, a love that had blossomed despite the odds.

"Do you, Angel Dust, take Husk to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish from this day forward?" Charlie asked, her voice steady.

"I do," Angel replied, his voice filled with emotion.

"And do you, Husk, take Angel Dust to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish from this day forward?"

"I do," Husk answered, his voice strong and unwavering.

Charlie smiled warmly. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss."

With that, Angel and Husk leaned in, their lips meeting in a tender, loving kiss. The chapel erupted in applause and cheers as their friends and loved ones celebrated the newlyweds.

The reception that followed was a whirlwind of joy and celebration. There was dancing, laughter, and heartfelt toasts. Alastor's entertainment did not disappoint, with a lively band and a cabaret performance that had everyone on their feet.

As the night drew to a close, Angel and Husk found themselves alone on the dance floor, swaying gently to a slow, romantic tune. The world around them seemed to fade away as they looked into each other’s eyes, both of them feeling overwhelmed by the love they felt for one another.

"This is just the beginning," Angel whispered, resting his head on Husk's shoulder.

Husk nodded, holding Angel close. "And I can't wait to see what the future holds for us."

Under the twinkling lights and surrounded by the people who mattered most to them, Angel and Husk knew that their love was strong enough to face any challenge. Together, they would build a life filled with love, laughter, and endless adventures.

As the final song played and the night drew to a close, they walked hand in hand out of the chapel, ready to start the next chapter of their lives as husband and husband.