chapter 11 pt 1

_____
_________
____________

The weeks following the wedding were filled with a blissful routine. Angel and Husk settled into their new life as a married couple, basking in the glow of their love. However, life in Hell was never predictable, and their happiness would soon be tested in ways they hadn't anticipated.

One evening, as the couple returned to the hotel after a particularly enjoyable night out, they found the common area unusually quiet. The tension in the air was palpable. Vaggie and Charlie were engaged in a heated conversation, their voices hushed but intense.

"What's going on?" Husk asked, his brow furrowing with concern.

Charlie turned to face them, her expression troubled. "We need to talk. There's been some... trouble."

Angel's heart sank as they all gathered around. Charlie explained that a rival demon gang had started causing problems, targeting the hotel and its inhabitants. There had been threats, and a few of their friends had already been hurt.

"We can't ignore this," Vaggie said firmly. "We need to find a way to protect ourselves and the hotel."

Husk clenched his fists, anger flashing in his eyes. "No one messes with our family. What can we do to stop them?"

"We need to find out who's behind this and why they're targeting us," Charlie replied. "We need to be smart about this."

Over the next few days, the hotel was on high alert. Everyone worked together to gather information and fortify their defenses. Angel and Husk spent hours strategizing with their friends, trying to figure out the best course of action.

One night, after a long day of planning, Angel and Husk found themselves alone in their room. The stress of the situation was starting to take its toll on both of them.

"I hate seeing you like this," Angel said softly, sitting beside Husk on the bed. "We just got married. We should be enjoying this time together, not worrying about some stupid gang."

Husk sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know, Angel. But we can't ignore this. We have to protect our home and our friends."

Angel reached out, taking Husk's hand in his. "We'll get through this. Together."

But as the days turned into weeks, the tension only grew. The rival gang's attacks became more frequent and more vicious. The once lively and cheerful atmosphere of the hotel was now overshadowed by fear and uncertainty.

One evening, as Angel and Husk returned from another tense meeting, they found a note slipped under their door. Angel picked it up, his hands trembling as he read the ominous message: "Stay out of our way, or you'll regret it."

The threat was clear, and it sent a chill down Angel's spine. "They're not going to stop, are they?" he whispered, looking up at Husk.

Husk's jaw tightened, his eyes filled with determination. "No, they're not. But we're not going to back down either."

Despite their resolve, the constant stress began to wear on them. Arguments became more frequent, the pressure and fear seeping into their relationship. One night, after a particularly heated exchange, Angel stormed out of the room, needing some space to clear his head.

He found himself on the hotel rooftop, staring out at the city lights, feeling a mix of anger and helplessness. Why couldn't they just have a moment of peace? Why did everything have to be so damn hard?

A few minutes later, Husk appeared beside him, his expression a mixture of worry and regret. "Angel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you."

Angel turned to face him, his eyes filled with tears. "I know, Husk. I just... I hate this. I hate feeling like we're constantly under threat. I hate what it's doing to us."

Husk pulled Angel into his arms, holding him tightly. "I hate it too. But we'll find a way through this. I promise."

The embrace felt like a lifeline, a reminder of the love and strength they shared. But the shadow of the threat loomed large, and they both knew that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges.

As they stood together on the rooftop, they vowed to stay strong, to fight for their home and their love, no matter what. The coming days would test them in ways they couldn't imagine, but they knew that as long as they had each other, they could face anything.

But even in the darkest moments, their love would be their guiding light, a beacon of hope in a world filled with chaos and uncertainty. And no matter how hard things got, they would never give up on each other.