Chapter 5: A Rude Awakening

"Here is your inheritance. The League of Assassins." said Ra's.

Damian was overlooking the training ground of the League of Assassins along with his mother and grandfather

Damian was overlooking the training ground of the League of Assassins along with his mother and grandfather. From his point of view, they all looked like ants. Hundreds of tiny soldiers, training, to serve under him one day. If they dare defy him, he would squash them like the bugs he perceived them to be.

"Yes, Grandfather." replied Damian.

Over these last 10 years, Ra's and Talia Al Ghul wasted no time in teaching and training the future heir of the Al Ghul dynasty. From rock climbing the Swiss Alps at the age of 3 to killing his first "victim" at just a few weeks shy of 6 years old. Damian had an extensive knowledge on the ways of this world, especially the dark ones. He was sharp, cunning, and donned an extensive proficiency in martial arts. Like any Al Ghul, nothing fazed him.

He took time to take in his legacy. Everything was perfect, organized, and done with a prestigious manner. No one would come in the way of him or his family name. He was no stranger to violence and torture. The world needed saving, and that's exactly what Damian Al Ghul intended to do.

"Grandfather-" Damian was interrupted by the loud sound of an explosion detonating at the training ground.

"WE'VE BEEN BREACHED" yelled Talia.

"They're already inside. Take the boy." Ra's yelled back at Talia. As he ran into the temple where he would meet his fated enemy, Slade, and his forces.

"Damian...stay here." ordered Talia.

Damian stood behind a pillar that was holding up the excess roof covering the temple's entrance

Damian stood behind a pillar that was holding up the excess roof covering the temple's entrance. Below him lay a wide range of steps. Despite the large distance from the Temple to the training ground, Talia had already made her way into the "battlefield."

He watched in pure content as he saw his mother take on the enemy forces and bring down the military-grade helicopters with just a shot from a simple arrow. He was glad thinking about the fact that he had clearly inherited his mother's technique and prestige. But right now wasn't the moment to just stand in admiration.