Chapter 11: A Vulnerable Opponent

It was the next morning at Wayne Manor. Alfred, began his day early and was already tending to his daily tasks.

Seemingly, Damian also decided it would be a good idea to replicate his training from back home, unto the extravagant animal-shaped shrubbery

It was a shame for the shrubbery and for Shuxin as well. Who was awoken by Damian's clear "struggle" against his vulnerable opponent.

Unfortunately for her, the events of the last few days, had not in fact, been a long sequence of a bad dream. Nor was she hallucinating during a medically induced coma. In the midst of her train of thought, her stomach growled loudly. Reluctantly, she dragged herself out of bed to look for some breakfast.

The Manor was huge. At no turn was Shuxin sure she was headed towards the kitchen. How Damian ever found his way towards the garden, she'll never know. Then again, he was a lunatic ninja who's probably mastered the art of escaping from complex builds.

After what seemed an eternity of roaming the large and dusty halls, she followed the smell of fresh toast and eggs escaping the kitchen.

There, she was met by Alfred who was drinking his tea and reading the newspaper. Just like Auntie Zhao. The sudden wave of nostalgia made Shuxin depressed and uncomfortable. Nonetheless, her hunger would not come in the way of her feelings and she served herself some breakfast.

She sat down at the edge of the kitchen island which had a clear view towards the garden. In which Damian still found himself absolutely demolishing his prey or "shrubs".

Suddenly, a strange man walked in. Or well, not so strange. Shuxin did a double-take and quickly compared both the man and Damian. If Damian could make it past 6'0 feet, than those two would surely be considered twins. She also tried to catch the resemblance between the man and herself, but it had been a while since she took a look in the mirror. Nonetheless, Shuxin could see the resemblance on her part.

"So that's what he looks like." She thought.

That means the man in the bat costume was him. Since the "Batman" was referred to as her father. Also the striking resemblance between him and her brother. All that was left to find out was his name.