Chapter 16: No More Questions

The duo made it back into the bat-cave where Alfred was awaiting their arrival.

"Pleasant night out?" remarked Alfred.

Neither Batman or Robin responded.

Damian got out of the bat-mobile angry and immediately made his way up into the manor. Alfred watched as the boy stomped his way up the stairs and slammed the entrance doors. Not a word was spoken between him or Bruce.

Alfred turned back to Bruce who had already gone to sit down in front of the computer.

"I can already imagine what happened, but I'm afraid I'll still have to ask you... what exactly happened?" asked Alfred.

"Not in the mood, Alfred." replied Bruce.

"Master Bruce-" Alfred was suddenly cut off.

"Not. In. The. Mood." stated Bruce.

"Alright then." said Alfred, as he decided to make his way up to the manor as well. Only leaving behind a small cup-of-tea for Bruce.

 Only leaving behind a small cup-of-tea for Bruce

*MORNING AT WAYNE MANOR*

The night had been long and silent. For the first time in a while, Shuxin had actually gathered a good night's sleep. No Damian training at the crack of dawn and no worry over her Father's vigilante activities. After she finished getting ready for the morning, she made her way downstairs into the kitchen. Only to find no signs of life coming from the manor.

Where is everyone? She thought.

Suddenly, Alfred burst into the kitchen holding a couple of hot plates and placed them into the kitchen sink.

"Good Morning, Miss Shuxin! Today, you will be having breakfast in the formal dining room."

Shuxin didn't ask any more questions and made her way across the manor into a grand-looking ball room, which hosted a large oak wood table hosting about twelve seats on each side, with one head seat at each end.

Despite the grand atmosphere of the dining room, only four serving platters had been set in front of a seat. One for Shuxin, Damian, father, and maybe Alfred? She doubted there would be any unexpected guests at these hours. Especially with how important it was for Batman to keep his secret identity.