Chapter 8: Will We Meet Again?

The night was indeed long for Auntie Zhao and Cheng Shuxin. As both of them anxiously waited for Mr. and Mrs. Cheng to get back from their business trip. It was around 5:00a.m CST and neither of them could fall asleep.

Damian and Talia had left hours ago, but they left the house surrounded by men in black attire. If either of the ladies wanted to leave, they would be stopped and possibly killed. The Al Ghul's never specified. The phone line was cut so there was no use in calling for help. Electronics weren't an option either, somehow Talia managed to hack into the home cloud and jam any form of network reception coming into the house.

Shuxin tossed and turned in her bed. This was definitely not a bad dream. She felt helpless. Unfortunately, the feeling wasn't foreign to her. Suddenly a knock was heard at her door. It was Auntie Zhao.

*Soft Knocks*

"Xuxi, are you awake dear?" she asked.

Shuxin sprung out of her bed and opened the door. She gave Auntie Zhao a defeated stare and stomped back into her bed under her covers. Auntie Zhao stepped into the room and sighed.

"Xuxi, there is no time for that now." she professed.

"We need to be prepared. Help me pick out some clothes for you and we can pack-" Zhao was cut off by Shuxin's anger.

"No!" I am not leaving! That woman is crazy. Mom and Dad will prove her wrong and get us all out of this mess." exclaimed Shuxin.

"Keep your voice down girl!" said Auntie Zhao anxiously.

They both took a minute to regather their emotions. As Shuxin could feel tears welling up in her eyes, Auntie Zhao spoke up.

"Oh Xuxi, this was something you should've been told about a long time ago." said Auntie Zhao.

Shuxin looked up confused. What was she talking about? Were her parents aware of this? Is that why they are not here right now? Shuxin felt like a sword just pierced her chest. Were they just gonna abandon her now, in this way?

"What do you mean, Auntie?" asked Shuxin.

Auntie Zhao sighed and began a long rant that would forever change the way Shuxin perceived everyone and everything around her.

"Do you remember when I first got here? Shuxin?" asked Auntie Zhao

"Not really, no." Replied Shuxin.

"I've been here for a long time. Even before you gained proper consciousness. But the truth is, that I've known you long before the first time your parents think we met." said Auntie Zhao.

What was she talking about? Auntie Zhao was scaring her. Auntie must be going crazy, she was starting to sound like an old lady, she was old obviously, but she had always been Shuxin's voice of reason. Now, she's talking pure nonsense. Reluctantly, Shuxin had a feeling she needed to hear this.

"Xuxi, what this woman tells you is true. She is your true mother. I was the midwife at your birth." confessed Auntie Zhao.

"My real name is Cai Fang Hua" said Auntie Zhao.

Shuxin could not believe what she was hearing.

"Your mother truly cared about you. Unfortunately, she only got to spend a few hours with you before she was forced to give you away by your grandfather. Ra's Al Ghul, a powerful man. She attempted to send you off before he found out about you. That way you would remain close to her side, but not get in the way of-" Auntie Zhao paused for a moment.

"Get in the way of?" asked Shuxin.

"Of Damian. You see, the Al Ghul's are a very powerful dynasty that has survived for thousands of years. All the elites are aware of who they are. They rule several economies and have a strong political stance across the globe. Your grandfather, Ra's Al Ghul, has been around for hundreds of years and was due for an heir sooner or later. So, he put your mother in charge of producing the perfect offspring to take over the Al Ghul empire." ranted Auntie Zhao.