29

Finally, 1.02k votes!

______________________________________

Jin immediately noticed Yoongi and quickly went over to him, whispering, "What's wrong?"

Yoongi hesitated before saying, "It's.. It's dark inside.."

Jin immediately understood the matter as he remembered his fear of darkness. He gently took Yoongi's hand in his, their fingers intertwining tightly. "Don't worry. You don't have to be scared," he reassured him. "Do you want to go home? It's alright."

Yoongi then glanced over at Jungkook and Taehyung, who were laughing inside the room, completely unaware of his fear. The maknae was playfully flashing the light on Taehyung's face, and Taehyung was making funny faces, causing them both to burst into laughter.

Exhaling softly, Yoongi tried to calm himself down. He shook his head. "I'll come too," he said, his voice slightly shaky.

Jin sighed softly, understanding his intentions. "It's okay to feel scared, Yoongi. But know that I'm here for you."

He then leaned in closer. "Stay close to me at all times. And if your fears worsen, just tell me, and we'll leave immediately. No more arguments, okay?" He said softly.

Yoongi nodded, trying to calm himself again, but Jin could feel his hand still trembling under his own. However, before he could say anything, both Jungkook and Taehyung called out to them from inside, "Hyungs! Hurry up!"

"We're coming." Yoongi said, then glanced over at the elder, nodding slightly.

Jin sighed softly once more as he followed behind the maknaes, still holding his hand.

With Taehyung leading the way with his phone flashlight, the group went further into the darkness of the house.

Shadows danced along the walls while the creaking of the floor echoed. The maknaes seemed unbothered as they continued to laugh like idiots.

Meanwhile, Yoongi stayed close to Jin, his grip tightening on his hand with every step they took.

As they roamed around the big hall, they passed by some dusty old portraits hanging on the walls. The faces in the photos seemed to watch them with hollow eyes.

Jungkook pointed at one particularly spooky-looking portrait and joked, "Hey, maybe this guy's the ghost haunting this place!"

Taehyung chuckled. "Don't say that, Jungkook. He will come and get you!"

Jungkook then pointed at another portrait, "I bet this one's the butler who never left, even after he died, staying loyal to his dead master!"

Taehyung laughed. "Yeah, and may be, he's still waiting to serve us tea!"

Both the elders rolled their eyes at them but couldn't suppress a smile.

As they moved deeper into the house, the maknae then pointed at an old mirror and teased, "Hey Tae, looks like you found your twin!"

Taehyung said as he winked, "Yeah, but at least my twin doesn't have as many wrinkles as Jin hyung!"

They both laughed while Yoongi found himself chuckling along them.

Jin shot them a playful glare, pretending to be serious. "Alright, that's enough ghost for tonight, boys. Let's focus on the adventure before the real ghosts show up!"

Tae then pointed to a particularly grand portrait hanging on the wall. "But hyung, look at this! Doesn't this guy look like he could be your long-lost ancestor?"

Jungkook joined in, "Yeah, hyung, maybe you should try that hairstyle. You might look exactly like him."

Jin chuckled. "Oh, so you think I should grow a beard too?"