35

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a quick glance before heading to their shared room. Jin then motioned for Yoongi to follow him and without a word, he began ascending the stairs.

Yoongi exhaled softly, still frustrated but he followed Jin nonetheless.

As they entered the room, the elder locked the door behind them and let out a sigh as he faced Yoongi.

"I'm really sorry you had to witness all that, Yoongi," Jin said quietly. "And I'm even more sorry you had to endure those insults."

Yoongi just stood there, still looking at him with an unreadable expression.

Jin sighed, rubbing his temples. "However, you shouldn't talk to my uncle like that. You need to be careful with your words."

Yoongi glared back at him. "Why can't I? He's the one who started picking on me, saying I need discipline when that fucker is the one who should be in jail."

Jin sighed again. "Alright, alright. You might be right about that, but still, you should be careful around him. Try not to get into any trouble with him."

Yoongi scoffed, taking a seat on Jin's bed. "I'll kill that man next time," he muttered darkly.

Jin sat next to him. "I did see how you were going to do that. That dagger earlier, I saw that. Whatever my uncle does, you shouldn't harm him."

Yoongi felt his frustration bubbling up. "Why not? He's a menace. He deserves it."

"Even if he does, you shouldn't harm him." Jin said.

Yoongi glared at him. But then his gaze shifted to his cheek, still red from the slap. He stared at it for a while, his hand slightly moving to touch the bruised skin, but he pulled it back at the last moment.

"You told me he was only abusive a few times," he said, his voice now full of annoyance.

Jin looked confused for a moment. "What?"

Yoongi continued, his irritation growing. "You said your uncle was abusive only a few times, not all the time. But now it feels different. That's not the case, is it?"

Jin sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair. "You don't have to worry about him. I can handle it on my own."

Yoongi scoffed, crossing his arms. "Clearly, anyone can say that it's not working out too well."

Jin rubbed his temples, looking exhausted. "I know, I know, Yoongi. But confronting him directly like that won't help either."

"So, you are just going to keep taking his crap?"

"No," Jin said, shaking his head. "I will find a way to deal with him. But You have to be careful. Try to avoid getting in trouble with him."

Yoongi huffed, clearly not convinced. "Easier said than done. That guy seems to have a knack for getting under my skin."

"I know," Jin admitted. "But the less interaction, the better. We need to avoid escalating things."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, if he steps out of line again, I'm not making any promises."

"Just... don't let anger cloud yo-"

Then suddenly, his uncle's voice rang out of the room. Jin quickly got up and went to see what's happening while Yoongi hesitated a bit before slowly following him.

The scene in the kitchen was chaotic. The floor was covered in thrown food and a maid was cowering in the corner, her body trembling as Uncle Jun lashed out at her.

Jin hurried over with concern. "What's wrong, Uncle Jun?"

Jun turned his anger toward Jin, his face red with fury. "This incompetent maid! She doesn't even know how to cook! How can you keep such useless staff in this house?"