6.

The sun was starting to rise over the city, tinting the sky with shades of orange and pink. Alexia and Lucía were on their way to Alexia's training, and the gentle hum of the car's engine filled the air with a morning calm. Alessia, secure in her baby seat in the back, slept peacefully.

"Darling, I have something to tell you," said Lucía, breaking the silence as she looked over at Alexia.

"What's up?" asked Alexia, taking Lucía's hand and intertwining their fingers affectionately.

"I got my results this morning. I've finished my Master's in Sports Physiotherapy," announced Lucía with a satisfied smile.

"That's amazing!" exclaimed Alexia, releasing Lucía's hand to give her a quick hug while the car kept moving. "I'm so proud of you, love. I knew you'd do it."

Lucía felt a wave of happiness and gratitude. She had worked hard to complete her master's, and knowing that Alexia was so proud of her made all the effort worthwhile.

"Thank you, Ale. I couldn't have done it without your support and help with the little one," Lucía replied sincerely.

They arrived at the training ground and Alexia parked the car in her spot. They got out, making sure to bring everything needed for the day. Lucía placed Alessia in her pram and together they headed towards the field.

While Alexia prepared for training, Lucía sat on the bench with Alessia, enjoying the atmosphere and watching the players start their routines. Everything was going well until, suddenly, a cry of pain broke the tranquillity of the field.

Ingrid had fallen after a collision with another player and couldn't get up from the ground, writhing in pain. Alexia stopped in her tracks, her heart pounding as she saw her teammate in distress. The team's physiotherapists were not present that day, and the situation seemed critical.

Without a second thought, Lucía stood up and ran to the field, leaving Alessia with Alexia. She knelt beside Ingrid, quickly assessing her condition.

"Where does it hurt?" Lucía asked calmly.

"My ankle... I think I've twisted it," replied Ingrid, grimacing in pain.

Lucía began examining Ingrid's ankle carefully, using her knowledge to determine the severity of the injury. While she worked, Jonatan watched from the sidelines, impressed by Lucía's skill and confidence.

After a few minutes, Lucía managed to stabilise Ingrid's ankle and helped her to stand up carefully. Jonatan approached, clearly amazed by what he had just witnessed.

"Lucía, that was incredible," Jonatan said, unable to hide his admiration. "I didn't know you had that training."

"I've just finished my Master's in Sports Physiotherapy," Lucía explained with a shy smile.

"In that case, I have a proposal for you," Jonatan continued. "Our current physiotherapists can't always be here, and we need someone with your skills on the team. Would you be interested in a contract as the team physiotherapist? You can bring Alessia with you if that's your concern; we could set up a crib in your office."

Lucía was speechless for a moment, surprised by the offer. She looked at Alexia, who gave her an encouraging smile.

"Yes, I would love that," Lucía finally replied, feeling a surge of excitement.

"Deal then, come up in a bit and we'll sign the papers," Jonatan said.

With that conversation, Lucía officially became part of the team, not only as Alexia's partner but also as a crucial member of the support staff.